today I am glad that I can introduce you my new application, which is focused on management of NAV 2009 service tier and WebService. In last few days I learned much about C# and managing services, reading and modifying XML files etc. Result is the application named “NAV 2009 NST Management”.
What you can do with this application?
- Start/Stop the NAV services
- Create new instances of the services
- Configure the services (change DB server, DB name, and enable/disable debugging on them)
- Remove the services (excluding the default one)
- Do it all on remote machine (remote registry access required)
I hope that this application will help all of you who needs more instances of the services (developers etc.). The new instances are created with .NET port sharing, it means running all on same default port (you need to run the service for port sharing manually, it is disabled by default). They differs only by instance name. All is based on the example from Freddy’s blog (BIG thanks to Freddy). Instances are created as running under NETWORK Services account. If needed, may be setting the account will be possible in some next version ;-).
Enjoy the app, thanks for any feedback.