November 6th, 2012
This article is the companion part from the last article and to easily understand this article you should read the first part. This article elaborate the integration between Navision and BizTalk Server using WCF technology and it would be an alternative solution apart from using Commerce Gateway adapter component. The elaboration in this article would be heavily with BizTalk WCF adapter technology and .NET COM component wrapper which I developed by Visual Studio 2010 Express Edition in C# language. The test solution environment are based on Windows Server 2003 32 bits, BizTalk server 2006 R2 and Navision 2009 R2. It is very high likely, the solution would prevail with higher windows version and higher BizTalk server version.
June 23rd, 2010
Recently, I have been thinking of consuming typical web service such currency exchange rate or RSS weather forecast from Navision. So I come to think how to consume all these services on the web and finally I found “HTTPWebRequest” class under System.Net framework that help me do the wonders. So, I am exciting to create the COM wrapper for Navision to make a request and capture the response. Like usual, I am using Microsoft Visual C# 2008 express editions and Navision message type designer to managing XML at Navision side. Let’s go with substantial matter now.
May 29th, 2010
I am back with Navision project integration article after a while I have been worked underground for research, studying and mock up development. This article would be the second sub project elaboration of Navision Integration Project and perhaps you could spend a little time read previous article regarding Integration Project for refreshment. This article would be heavy with Microsoft .Net framework stuff, C# languages and of course Navision C/AL codes. This project development has some objectives as follow:
- To develop component COM Wrapper TCP/IP listener for Navision.
- This component would be the passageway of communication between Navision and external system.
- Data format would be in XML but not limited and this conjunction with Navision Message Type Designer development project.
- This component would be run on Navision Application Service (NAS) and Navision client.
This component is server listener and certainly needs TCP client component which will make request and communicate with. Unfortunately this article would not cover the client component but in next article post. So, please stay tune and have fun with current article.
September 16th, 2009
Few months ago I wrote an article about exporting binary data like picture in Navision and now I want to bring up another article about having chart in Navision reports or in the form. Certainly I am not the first person to have this idea, in fact I can found others have done similar idea and create a component for our Navision. Despite of this, my horses still goes strong and runs like young stallion reaching to the finish line. Well tremendously I have some points to share to you where we could leverage our Navision to certain extend as follow:
- Able to show the chart in Navision form and report.
- You can print the chart in report as norm as typical Navision report.
- You can save the chart as Navision Picture (BMP) and store it within your Navision tables for sharing it with other peoples.
- If you wish, you could extract the chart picture into XML file and upload it into your web application.
The distractive points of this demonstration are:
- Any Navision clients who need to generate the chart need to register the .NET assembly.
- Need to consider with the chart resolution as the chart is BMP image format. The bytes of the chart need to consider if you need to keep them in the database.
I have attached in this article the .net codes project for your perusal and please don’t mind with the untidy codes and the nausea as the side effect whiles you studying it. If you are working as developer like me, you could use this code freely and show it off to your boss and hopefully you might get excellent appraisal at the end of years. Hope you can benefit from this article and let us start with substantial matters of how I doing it Read the rest of this entry »
June 16th, 2009
I do believe you would have interest to know on how to export a Picture, document or any binary files in Navision blob field into XML file. You would certainly crush into a dead end to assign the binary value into XML node value as Navision could only handle 1Kb of string. On top of that, binary data is a thing that XML cannot accept just like that. We should create a .Net COM wrapper to ease Navision limitation and do a little magic conversion so XML can contain the picture/document data.I am using Visual C # 2008 express editions and create a new class library projects. At first I will make sure I would have to use the functions library that contained in following namespaces
- Microsoft XML, v4.0 (COM dll)You can choose any version of MSXML COM component out from your PC and that is should be the version that you use in Navision.