(Click screenshot to enlarge)
||NAV Easy Security Light is an efficient, cost-effective way to maintain security in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, greatly enhancing NAV's security features - perfect for companies with less complex security requirements. Available for both the Classic Client and Role Tailored Client, Easy Security Light lets you manage access controls and security roles through easy to use wizards - without modifying the base objects within NAV, so no merging is required. And Easy Security Light is fully integrated with all the features in the Role Tailored Client, such as FactBoxes and the Action Pane.
NAV Easy Security Light is supplied free of charge from Mergetool.com and Microsoft. The solution can be used with a CRONUS (demo) license or added to a customers license at no charge (from Microsoft and Mergetool.com) The Module that must be added by the NAV Partner is 14123010.
Language Modules for Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish are included.
Install and Setup of NAV Easy Security Light
Registration of NAV Easy Security Light
Maintaining Users with NAV Easy Security Light
Maintaining Permission Sets with NAV Easy Security Light
Recording Permission Sets with NAV Easy Security Light
Using Snapshots with NAV Easy Security Light
- The Limited User calculation is not using the tables added until October 2014.
- NAV 2013 and later: One of the FlowFields was not calculating correctly in the Role Center. This has been changed.
- NAV 2015: The function to submit a registration with e-mail was not working properly. This has been corrected.
- The SQL Profiler template for SQL 2014 was not correct and did not allowed filtereing on the database name. This has been corrected
- New written documentation for NAV Easy Security Light has been added. Please refer to the Online Help files.
- Add Access Controls has been added to the Login lists.
- NAV 2013 R2 only: The code caused some compile warnings with obsolete tables being used. This has been corrected.
- NAV 2013 and later: A few images was added in some pages.
- The structure of the code has been cleaned up in a table.
- NAV 2013 R2 version has been included.
- The included objects for Limited User counting has been updated to match the current rules from Microsoft.
- The default MenuSuite for Easy Security Light is now 53 and 1053. If previous default MenuSuite (51 and 1051) was imported should they be deleted before upgrading.
- The MenuItems added by Easy Security Light can now be found in the Administration menu too.
- The import of SQL Profiler traces could fail if very long lines existed. This has been changed.
- The order of the fields in the registration has changed.
- NAV 2013 Only: Some field has been extended to 50 characters to accommodate the longer User ID in this version.
- NAV 2013 Only: Language modules has been added for all countries released.
- Additional information like Server Name, Database Name and License Number has been added the to the Security Setup.
- MenuButtons now has an image in the RoleTailored Client. This has changed several pages and the forms has got a new version list.
- Very long table name could cause an error. This has been corrected.
- Copy Access Control was not working properly in NAV 2013. This has been corrected.
- A new report has been added that can be used to verify the number of tables used by any process in Microsoft Dynamics NAV. By using this process can a process be verified so only the proper number of tables are changed by the process. This YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxYqhtEskj0 show how this is used.
- A button on the Security setup was not clued properly, this has been corrected.
ESL1.05 (Released 2012 6/9)
- NAV 2013 beta version of Easy Security Light is included.
- A Role Center has been added for Easy Security Light.
- Small corrections to the RoleTailored application.
(rated 3 times)
|Discuss this download in the forum (7 reactions)