- General downloads
- Commercial Demos
- NAV 2013 Training
- Navision 4.0 Demos
- Attain Demos
- MBS-Axapta Demos
- Financials Demos
- NAD Demos
- Manufacturing Demos
- Webshop Demos
- WAP Demos
- Language Modules
- Great Plains
- MBS Webcasts
- Forum Discussions
- NAV TechDays
- Per Mogensen
- General downloads
- First release
- 19,43 MB
- Downloads today 0
- 30 day downloads 11
- Total downloads 11903
- Overall download rank #9 / 1967
- Today page views 1
- 30 days page views 102
- Total views 53146
- MD5 digest
- x 19 61,29%
- x 4 12,90%
- x 1 3,23%
- x 1 3,23%
- x 6 19,35%
- Downloaded 3 times in the last two weeksIn the newest release of the Mergetool, a number of new enhancements have been added. These include the following updates and new features:
New Object Range (Download updated partner license from PartnerSource for full access to source code)
Source Code Analyzer (Object Level analysis, finds every place an objects is used)
Use Data in another company (Makes clean-up easy and multiple users can work at the same time)
Huge Speed Improvement for SQL Server and Client/Server (Using temporary tables make a huge improvement for the speed of a compare >5x)
Object Explorer assist in exporting the licensed objects (require 2009 SP1 or later executable)
More information can be found on the Mergetool.com site http://mergetool.com/products/mergetoolhistory.html
- The calculation of Field and Functions Usage is now showing the time the calculation took.
- A few changes was done because a transformation was to run in an earlier version.
- NAV 2015 version of the Mergetool has been included.
- Many new checks has been added to the Translation Technical Check.
- The Online help tool has been corrected for some smaller errors.
- The Last FAQ No. and Last help Image No. is now on the Help Version.
- The calculation of automatic help was not using the proper filter for Help Style. This has been corrected.
- The calculation of TableRelation could fails with conplex relations. This has been corrected.
- A new Footer type has been added to the Held Add-on
- A conversion report 14120205 "MGT Convert Help Token and FAQ", please inspect the code and ensure this is working for your setup before running the report.
- NAV 2013 R2 objects of the Mergetool has been included. Everything is functional and similar to the previous RTC versions of the Mergetool. Because of the limited ability to control the screen is the manual merge of code process best done in the Classic Client, alternatively can a monitor with very high resolution be used to have more lines of code being displayed.
- The Online Help Tool in the Mergetool can now also create help for the NAV Help Server used in NAV 2013 R2.
- References to FAQs can now be done directly in the Online Help tool.
- FAQs can now reference other FAQs and any other online help created with the Mergetool.
- It is now possible to have links to images in the Online Help. Multiple images can exists allowing screenshots for Classic, 2009, 2013 and 2013 R2. With this can help be created using the same text, but with screenshots matching that actual application.
- An external compare tool can now be used to look at Contrast.
- The Voice Integration can now use the latest format released by Microsoft. Other minor changes was done too.
- An error in the Export as NAV 7 code for CardFormID has been corrected.
- The online help created was not working properly for reports and batch jobs. This has been corrected.
- The process to create captions for page groups was showing an error with file not open. this has been corrected.
- A button was not glued properly in the languages form. This has been changed.
- External compare and merge did not handle version in other companies. This has been changed.
- A new log-format HTML has been added. This is very useful if the log generated from the Mergetool is being used on a web-page.
- New fields added to the Object and Contrast Header with summary of the different Line Type from a compare. This is useful filtering for changes within only parts of the code.
- The Mergetool now handle the PROCEDURES in NAV 2013 R2 without a functions ID.
- A link was wrong in one of the Source Code Analyzer forms/pages. This has been changed.
- Code on CommandButtons was not scanned properly in the Source Code Analyzer. This has been changed.
- The Field and Functions usage is not considering "=" a separator too.
- Changes to the PartnerSource integration.
- NAV 2013 Only: The Manual Merge page has been improved.
- NAV 2013 Only: All code related to Dataports has been deleted.
- NAV 2013 Only: A report was not upgraded properly. This has been changed.
- NAV 2009 R2 Classic client is still the recommended way to use the Mergetool. The Mergetool only use the text version of the code and do not rely on the objects in the database for most features.
- The renumbering now handle DrillDownPageID and LookupPageID that is the code for NAV 2013.
- The "Sicily" version support having functions without a function ID. The Mergetool can now handle this.
- The NAV 2013 version now use Grouping to make better Manual Merge and Log pages.
- The Merge request Page in NAV 2013 has been improved.
- Captions are now created for Groups in Pages.
- Captions are now created for all Object types. The XMLPorts, Pages and Queries was missing.
- The Form Control was used in some option strings. This has been changed to Control.
- A Captions has been changed in the PartnerSource Integration.
- The Overlapping Controls report is now filtering on only forms and reports. This prevent an error when running the report for pages.
- The function to change InPage during a manual merge was not working properly. This has been changed.
- The Field and Functions calculation now test if a Source Code Analysis has been done before starting the calculation.
- Field and Function Usage has been addd to the Source Code Analyzer. This is based on filtering the source code and ensuring Variable or Relation exists. This can produce more results that actually being used, but all occurrences are listed from within the code. The calculation must be done for each field or function (Procedure). But multiple can be selected. The calculation commit per field or function.
- All Dialog.INPUT used within the Mergetool has been recoded to use a form or page for the input. This ensure the RoleTailored application is complete for the Mergetool.
- The automatic create of the Help Setup was not working properly. This has been changed.
- When creating the Source Code Analysis data in the "Sicily" source code was an error shown. This has been changed.
- Bitmaps for lookup in the transformationtool has been added both for NAV 2009 and NAV 2013. This allow using a larger set of images if the transformation is only done to move from Classic to NAV 2013. Thanks to Arend-Jan Kaufmann to assist with the images.
- The structure of the files in the release package has been slightly modified.
Many videos added for the features in the Mergetool.
This version require a data conversion, but this is fully integrated with the Mergetool.
- Translation can now be tested for proper translation of OptionStrings and PageNameML. Check for usage of hotkeys and other issues are also tested.
- Compare is now not comparing RDLData if only one report have RDLData. This require the Line Type to be calculated properly for old versions.
- A calculation of the Line Type was not done properly in earlier version of the Mergetool. This is making it necessary to delete all Contrast and use the new function on the objects to Update Fixed ID and Line Type for all objects. A new field Data Version has been added. A upgrade function needs to be run to updated the information.
- Duplicated code on some forms and pages has been optimized.
- The function to find Un-Used Variables has been improved. The Source Code Analysis can now be updated with the information about the Un-Used Variable. During Export of a Version can the variables be deleted.
- The Promoted Actions tool is now calculating if a MenuItem use the CurrForm. Code to control a field editable, visible etc.
- The Promoted Actions tool have the MenuButton caption together with the MenuItem.
- Many Changes to the PartnerSource Integration for support of new NAV 2013 features and improvements to the enhancement calculation. Manual entries can be created for the Enhancement calculation.
- Pages are now also added to the Online Help tool.
- Description on Tables and Fields can be created as Online Help.
- Better control of the lines added with FAQ and Online Help from the Help Addon.
- Conversion of Characters for editing Help Token and FAQ has been implemented. This is essential to write help in languages using special characters.
- A new function has been added to export MenuSuites with all the additional numbers. This makes it easy to ship all MenuSuites with a solution.
- The translation could fail if many translation tokens was selected. This has been changed.
- RDLData has been removed from the Import of an Excel translation file.
- The function to get Navision Help File Names has been updated to suggest entering a default value in entries not found in the Micrososft Online Help.
- All Request Pages has been recreated to match the Request Forms.
- NAV 2013 version with new design features has been included. The transformation tool and other features only suppoted in the classic client has been removed. The NAV 2009 SP1/R2 version is still to be used for many tasks during an upgrade for function only available in an executable with Forms and Pages. To setup the new features must four new fields in the Merge Setup be entered. The new functions to Design, Compile and Export can be used from many places in the Mergetool.
- The Object Explorer now has a flow field showing if MetaData exists for an object.
- The code to modify Fixed ID's was changed in MGT1.30.37. This change caused problems in some cases and has been corrected.
- Very long texts could cause problems in the Online Help functions. This has been corrected.
- The import of Promoted Actions to the transformation tool was not setting the Image if the actions was not promoted or promoted big. This has been corrected and caused many changes pages and objects properties on forms. This has made the application a lot nicer in the RTC with all the images.
- The calculation when removing Field Importance existing in another version was not considering fields moved between tabs. This has been corrected.
- When modifying Fixed IDs was the Fixed ID not updated properly in all lines. This has been corrected.
- Lookup to Control ID's for New and Promoted Actions was not showing command buttons. This has been corrected.
- A new function has been added to the Merge Version function. Version List, Date and Time can now be recalculated without remerging the objects. This makes it easy to correct the Object Properties if the wrong options was selected.
- The "Compress Version List" was not use correct in all cases. this has been changed.
- The Copy Version function now have a proper progress bar.
- The Code Variable table has been changed to allow the Create ENU Caption function to work properly with NAV 2013 code.
- The Copy New Objects was not working properly in the Merge function. This has been corrected.
- The Export of code can now export NAV 2013 code back to older formats of the C/AL code.
- The export of code in NAV 2013 format was not working properly in all cases. This has been corrected.
- A version of the Mergetool for NAV 2013 Public Beta is now included with the download. Most functions are fully functional, but a few obsolete functions still exists. Import, Export, Compare and Merge of Source Code works. The Online Help Tool, Captions Tool and Source Code Analyzer has also been tested.
- The file handling has been centralized to make changes for NAV 2013 easier. All File export is now using the Integration codeunit.
- The translation tool now support very long texts better.
- Very long variables names caused problem in the Source Code Analysis. This has been changed.
- RunPageMode was not handled properly, when exporting code in NAV 2013 format.
- Small changes to transformation data.
- A version of the Mergetool for NAV7 CTP4 Update 1 (Build 33280) has been included. This version is intended for testing purposes only.
- Additional MenuSuites has been included in the release version of the Mergetool.
- NAV7 changed the indentation of the code in reports. This cause the Source Code Analyzer to miss some relations. This has been corrected.
- Many Promotions and Images has been updated in the RoleTailored version of the Mergetool.
- The Source Code Analyzer was showing an error when many languages was imported for long texts. This has been changed.
- The request page for the :Find Object Property Changes:" report was not correct. This has been changed.
- The lookup for companies does not have a default page in RTC. This has been added to the Mergetool.
- An interface to use the Mergetool from web-services has been added. A few functions has been added with small improvements to enable this feature. The integration is going to be used in a future version of iFacto Revision.
- The translation tool now has a function export all resulting translation files.
- Some misspelling in function names has been corrected.
- The translation functions for Base Teminology has been improved.
- A new field "Only Active Versions in Lookup" has been added to the Merge Setup. When this field has a checkmark is only active version shown in a lookup.
- Small change for the PartnerSource integration.
- The Source Code Analyzer now works with the Query object type included in NAV 7.
- Additional changes to the PartnerSource integration.
- The export of code from the mergetool now has a new option to convert the code for NAV7. Forms and Dataports are not exported. Some sections are removed from the reports. The "FORM.RUN" and other places where "Form" is used is replaced with "Page"
- Some object tokens can now be marked as Key Tokens. This allow for creating a list of the must important terminology in each language.
- Some code in the translation module has been restructure to allow better reuse.
- The length of variables in NAV7 is not limited to 30 characters. The Mergetool now support longer variable names in the Source Code Analysis.
- Some reports has been set to ProcessingOnly and removed not important layout.
- Data from the Source Code Analyzer can now be viewed in Visio. The function can be used both from the Source Code Analyzer windows, but also from the Object Explorer and list of Objects. Thanks a lot for the example from Jason Prickett to make a simple task of writing the automation integration to Visio. A template file is included with the download. this needs to be referenced from the report options form/page. This template has been tested with Visio 2010, but should also work with earlier versions. Watch this YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvacTBBRqho for a short introduction to using Visio with the Source Code Analyzer in the Mergetool.
- The Statistics at the bottom of the windows has been updated to have multi-line labels. This makes for more compressed display and better usability.
- The functionality to calculate "Export Error" has been updated. Because of an error in C/SIDE was the form behaving very strange making all the captions wrong and making the Object Explorer useless. The data is now stored in a real table and is also stored so it does not require recalculating every time the Object Explorer is opened.
- Small corrections with missing menu items etc.
- The description and file name now has a default value in a version created from a merge. This help when exporting and later viewing the list of versions.
- Additional information has been added to the PartnerSource integration.
- An option "Only Translated Texts" has been added in the "Use Translation from Other Version".
- The Translation tokens have a new key "Object Token,Language Code,Translated".
- The Voice Sales Entries export was changed by Microsoft. Additional address information for the vbilling partner was added. This has been implemented in the Mergetool too, the import now have a Excel Format that can be used to select the version of the data.
- A text variable was defined too short in the translation import. this has been changed.
- Objects, Contrast and Manual Merges can now be viewed with external editor. The setup has a command (program path) and parameter. This allows using any editor with additional parameter strings.
- The RoleTailored Application has been updated with additional promotions and function. The new handling of SHELL commands allows using the Windows Scripting Host to execute commands. The few commands that can only be used from the Classic Client is now using ISSERVICETIER to avoid compilation warnings.
- The embedded Transformation Tool can now have multiple setups. This allows users with different location for the transformation tool folder.
- Some MenuItems in the Manual Merge form has been renamed to allow a better transformation to the RoleTailored Client.
- A new function to Test Export objects from the Object Explorer has been added. This allow capturing the error caused by exporting without stopping the processing. After the test can the objects be filtered to avoid stopping the export.
- When comparing versions is new objects now marked with the Compared to Version Code.
- Thanks to 1ClickFactory for providing a lot of the input for the improvements.
- Beyond Compare version 3 is now optional to use during a manual merge. To use this must the Pro-version of Beyond Compare be purchased for %50. Thanks a lot to Aljosa Gruden (Mibuso ID: "aljosagr") to supplying the code for this. Watch the YouTube video below to see how this works. Some code from Export and Import of versions has been restructured to allow reuse. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7sGp15KIxg
- The use of SHELL commands through-out the Mergetool has been recorded to use a single codeunit. This codeunit also support using the Windows Scripting Host. This makes the RoleTailored Client being able to use all the functions too. All code in the Mergetool (translation and online help too) has been recorded to use this new functionality. To change the SHELL command type used go to the Merge Setup.
- The FAQ HTML page can now be sorted with a priority on the FAQ Category. A feature to bold the text has also been added.
- The code to calculate ending spaces in the translation module was not working correctly in all cases. This has been changed.
- The code to automatically create the Merge Setup was not working properly in all cases. This has been corrected.
- When opening the versions the first time was an error shown that the setup had to be created. This has been changed to automatically create the setup.
- When creating languages with the Translation features has a new field "Translated" been added to the language. Only languages with this field checked will be copied. The Exists In field will also be updated after copying the Translation Tokens.
- Many small improvements to the Voice/PartnerSource integration.
- Some missing captions were created.
- The Overlapping controls report is now also checking controls to be on existing pages and all pages to be consistent between the languages in the form.
- The report to export only licensed objects has been updated to optionally modify the DMB Table No. instead. This can be used for filtering in the list of objects and only export objects that compiles.
- In the Manual Merge form is it possible to view the Contrast Header. This allow getting an overview of the level of change in an object.
- The report in the Transformation Tool to update properties for the forms was running very slow in some cases. This has been changed.
- The Integration to PartnerSource has been updated with many new features.
- The renumbering of control in a page during a merge was not working properly. this has been changed.
- Finding Navision Help File Name was not working for some countries. This has been changed.
- A Text to Text overflow could be shown when importing Web-server log in the the Online Help. This has been changed.
- A new option "Automatically Accept All Equal" has been added to the Merge Setup. When this field is checked is equal changes automatically accepted during a manual merge process. This allow for much faster manual merge processing in some situations like using an older common version.
- The menu groups in the manual merge screen have been renamed to make it easier to understand for new users.
- A bug in the Source Code analyzer caused the variables for the first function not to be added. This has been changed.
- The Maintenance has been renamed to Enhancement. This has caused a lot of changes in the PartnerSource integration.
- Additional fields and keys has been added to the Voice Account table.
- A field Version Code XYZ has been renamed to Version Code in some of the Transformation tool objects.
- A bug has been fixed when deleting a version in a SQL version.