BUG in Sub contracting cycle in Microsoft NAVISION

gaganbatra84gaganbatra84 Member Posts: 5
edited 2014-11-19 in Navision Financials
Hi Experts,

I am facing a problem in using sub-contracting module in Microsoft NAV.

After creating the sub-contracting order from production order, delivery challan is created to send the material to vendor the a particular operation.

As i attach single raw material in BOM and single operation in route and attach the work center of type subcontracting.

SO it is required that as i receive the material against the sub contracting order, consumption journal will be post for raw material from the vendor location where is material is transferred at the time of creating the delivery challan and also post output journal for FG item as only one operation i.e. the last operation is subcontracting in route.

It is also mandatpry to apply delivery challan at the time of receiving.

But, If i try to receive without applying delivery challan, then system increase the qty received against the subcontracting order but no item ledger entry will be created either for consumption of raw material or for output of finished goods.

If we again go for receiving the item, system is working fine i.e. post consumption as well as output. It means in first attempt its creating problem.

There is another bug also for apply deliver challan i.e. if we do not do apply deliver challan, system ask once for that
if we try again system again do misbehaving like above case.

As i tried same scenarion in cronus database, its working fine in cronus database. I also compared all setups, but not able to find the issue.

I think this is a bug in MICROSOFT NAV.

If anyone have any hot fixes or any did any customization on it, please tell...

Waiting for response from experts...!!

Gagan Batra

Comments

• AVNEET_WADHWAAVNEET_WADHWA Member Posts: 3
    Hi Gagan,

Same here i face this problem, if you got solution for this then please help me too.

thanks and regards
    Avneet
  • adriankohwsadriankohws Member Posts: 4
    Depending what you wish to achieve.

Can you try to separate the Raw Material Consumption and the Sub Contractor Route?

For BOM, depending on the flushing method, it can be consumed without issue.
    For Sub Contractor case, you won't be able to identify as material come in, upon finishing the job, it will take in as Sub Contractor Cost, preset with a G/L Account, correct me if I am wrong.
  • AVNEET_WADHWAAVNEET_WADHWA Member Posts: 3
    Hi Gagan/adriankohws,

I really found BUG in Navision regarding Subcontracting while receiving Produced Item, You are right Gagan, system misbehave in such cases as you defined. You can remove bug by refining the Codeunit No 16360 in each function which is involve while receiving, consumption, rejection. and refinement is that you have to continue the REPEAT UNTIL LOOP by initialize the boolean variable COMPLETED as False.
    if still you need help you can call me +919464880027 else can mail me on avneet.wadhwa@live.com

thanks
    Avneet
  • kpradeeprajkpradeepraj Member Posts: 3
    Hi Avneet,

Thank you for the solution, i have tested and implemented in live.

=D> "Auto Apply DC" is working perfect.!!!!!!!!!!!! =D> \:D/

Subcontract order consumption for available raw materials from supplier location, based on any delivery challan is working perfectly. My users are very happy now.

I have other request related to subcontracting order is get slow while posting purchase receipts after many purchase receipts.
    For example - Subcontract order no -"12blr010014" created today for item - "1WSAE1451200" we try to post purchase receipts today itself, in that case it will get posted less than a minute.

Other scenario - Same subcontract purchase order no - "12blr010014" for item -"1WSAE1451200" we will try to post after 5-10 days after some purchase receipts will take more than 10 minutes.

could not able to understand the issue, why we are facing slowness while posting from same Subcontract purchase order and same item code.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ](*,)