Applying vendor ledger entry

syedamirsyedamir Member Posts: 68
edited 2012-05-17 in Navision Financials
Dear All

In Nav 9.0 When i am applying vendor ledger entry payment versus invoice after posting of both docuemnt ( not the time when posting of the document) system is creating two more g/l entry ( same debit and credit of sundry creaditor account).

why system is creating this type entry and if yes then how we can stop the same.

TNX

Comments

• manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    1. Which country is you nav 9 database ?
    2. Does the extra entry has any amount ?
    Regards,
    Manish
  • raveendran.sraveendran.s Member Posts: 119
    Check in your posting setups
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS
  • syedamirsyedamir Member Posts: 68
    Dear

I suppose there is no linkage with Posting Setup. Kindly Suggest.

When I Apply, Payment against Invoice G/L is created for Sundry Creditor for same Credit & Debit Amount.

Thx in Advance.
  • stanpstanp Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 13
    Before NAV2009 system created one G/L Entry with 0 amount, since NAV2009 it creates two G/L Entries with same account and opposite amounts.
    This is had to be done because of Transaction No. When you apply posted documents and nothing special is happening like realized VAT posting, realized gain/loss or rounding, there is no need in G/L Entries, actually. Just two Application Detailed Ledger Entries are created. The problem is that they have Transaction No. which is calculated based on G/L Entries. So in order to keep continuous Transaction No. system has to have any G/L Entry with that last Transaction No.

This is fixed in NAV7. No G/L Entry will be created if there is nothing posted except two application dtld entries.
    Stan Pesotskiy
    Senior SDE - Dynamics Nav Application - Microsoft

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • syedamirsyedamir Member Posts: 68
    Thanks Stan
  • coldwatercoldwater Member Posts: 1
    Hi Stanp,
    The application you said was already existed in NAV 4.0. I don't know why NAV 2009 change the code which is good in my opinion. DO you understand?
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    stanp wrote:
    Before NAV2009 system created one G/L Entry with 0 amount, since NAV2009 it creates two G/L Entries with same account and opposite amounts.
    This is had to be done because of Transaction No. When you apply posted documents and nothing special is happening like realized VAT posting, realized gain/loss or rounding, there is no need in G/L Entries, actually. Just two Application Detailed Ledger Entries are created. The problem is that they have Transaction No. which is calculated based on G/L Entries. So in order to keep continuous Transaction No. system has to have any G/L Entry with that last Transaction No.

This is fixed in NAV7. No G/L Entry will be created if there is nothing posted except two application dtld entries.
    I missed the post. This will be great as it will save us from explaining the extra transactions to auditors.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • faizguy84faizguy84 Member Posts: 52
    yup. It was tough task to explain the same to auditors. Waiting for NAV 7.

Regards,
    Faisal Bukhari