Production Problem 2 semi finished items made from one block

mnbrooksemnbrookse Member Posts: 2
edited 2015-02-19 in Dynamics AX
In our company we have a make from item which is a block of material which is cut down into 2 different semi finished items. How in Axapta can I handle this process it would seem to myself that one works order can only be used to make one product where clearly here we have one bom item making two separate and distinct products which then go on to make other items. If I call these items being made product A and product B, our scenario is as follows: -

A demand will be placed for product A, this has to be cut from the Block - Product B is a by product of this process which may or may not have a demand at the time of creation.

Have any other companies experienced this problem and how did you resolve it, currently we have a workaround whereby both make too items are held as phantoms on the system and the consumption takes place from the block when these are used to make finished product - this is not at all ideal, and leads to a loss of control in my opinion.

Many thanks in advance of any reply to this issue.

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    This is where you would not use BOM's you would use a formula with by or co-products to enable you to produce multiple outputs from the same works order (called a batch order in this set of AX processes)
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen