Gen. Bus. Posting Group must be Default error when posting..

yuppicideyuppicide Member Posts: 410
edited 2015-04-07 in Navision Attain
I was out of the office yesterday. Someone tried to post an invoice and got an error message.
Gen. Bus. Posting Group must be Default in Sales Shipment Line Document No.='SS0033982'.

I think that is the whole message given to the person.

The invoice indeed got posted, because that number is missing from the sequence in the Posted Invoices section. The inventory got removed.

So, then she figured out that the customer card doesn't have Gen. Bus. Posting Group filled out.. so she filled it in like normal.. DEFAULT. But now the order still needed to have it.. so she showed column and filled it in on the Order and on the Order Invoicing.

Now we get the error message the same as above except
Line No.='1'

So I did a Post, Test Report and see this on the report:

"The Gen. Bus. Posting Group on the shipment is not the same as the Gen. Bus. Posting Group on the sales header."

Any idea how to fix it?

Comments

• neilgfneilgf Member Posts: 148
    Hi,

Yes Undo Shipment on the posted sales shipment line, open sales order, make the change and then ship.

Neil
  • yuppicideyuppicide Member Posts: 410
    How / where do I do that? I've looked thrugh a bunch of screens but do not see any way to undo what was done.

I was in Orders, Order Shipping, Order Invoicing, Posted Sales Shipments. No luck.
    I did some more Google work.. I do not have the option "Function -> Undo Shipment". If what I need lies under Warehouse Management, I don't have access to any of those. We've never used it before.
    Hi! Please confirm version of Nav and I will send a screen dump of where this function is. Just to confirm not in warehouse. Neil
    You are right, that is my bad. I usually start off by saying I am on 3.10. Doing some more Google work I think that undo function started in 3.60, but it was buggy.

We went ahead and created a new Sales Order, because we had to ship the order. I think we'll delete the open order and confirm inventory with our warehouse on one item afterwards because I think we'll need to do an Item Journal.

The lady who did the invoicing says we must have figured out a way around the problem. She remembers it happening in the past. I do not. In 2013, the same customer got invoiced.. so if that card was missing Gen. Bus. Posting Group the whole time we would have got the error back then as well.
    Hi! That sounds like a sensible approach if Undo not there. Neil
    Now my problem is I have one order sitting in my open orders that I can't delete. If I try to delete it says:
    Deleting this document will cause a gap in the number series for posted invoices. An empty posted invoice 134040 will be created to fill this gap in the number series.

Fine.. I say yes to continue and then it says:
    Qty. Shipped Not Invoices must be 0 in Sales Line Document Type='Order','Document No.='S135861','Line No.='1'.

Also, if I go to Posted Sales Shipment I can't delete it there.. it says:
    Quantity Invoices must be 1 in Sales Shipment Line Document No.='SS033982',Line No.='1'.

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Doesn't the Invoicing Tab on the sales order have the "Gen. Bus. Posting Group" field on it.

Couldn't you have just filled it in on the sales order and moved on as usual?

Did you print out the sales shipment before trying to delete it?

OnDelete()
    //TESTFIELD("No. Printed"); <<we have commented ours out ages ago. But if it;s not printed it won't delete.

Also you message can't be 100% accurate..
    You say "Quantity Invoices" do you mean "Quantity Invoiced"?

And the line number is usually 10000 not 1
    No tabs have the Gen. Bus. Posting Group. Only the Customer Card as far as I can see.

Yes it shows printed twice.

My message wasn't accurate.. you're correct. It is Invoiced not Invoices. It is definitely Line 1. I think it's line 1 because that's where it got hung up.. it was like let's invoice.. let's start at the beginning.. oh wait you don't have a gen. bus. posting group.. let's stop.
    Savatage wrote:
    Doesn't the Invoicing Tab on the sales order have the "Gen. Bus. Posting Group" field on it.

Couldn't you have just filled it in on the sales order and moved on as usual?

Did you print out the sales shipment before trying to delete it?

OnDelete()
    //TESTFIELD("No. Printed"); <<we have commented ours out ages ago. But if it;s not printed it won't delete.

Also you message can't be 100% accurate..
    You say "Quantity Invoices" do you mean "Quantity Invoiced"?

And the line number is usually 10000 not 1
    I guess it's something we'll just have to live with an extra order sitting in open orders.

I've tried to add Gen. Bus. Posting Group to Order, but you can't change anything because Quantity Shipped has to be 0. You can add it to Posted Shipment, but since it's already been posted it won't keep the change you make.

There's no place online I can get an updated client executable legally without having to go through the partner we previously had? I don't want to keep using the updated executable, just maybe run it to fix the problem, because it might have the reverse feature. I'd like to stay the same executable as everyone else in case there ever was an issue with our system and then I'd get yelled at for not using what everyone else uses.