An open letter to Microsoft from a NAV Consultant since 3.1

13»

Comments

• mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    matttrax wrote:
    Didn't think I came off as mean at all. Sorry if I did. Everyone's opinion is valid and that's the whole point of forums, to get varying opinions.
    Issue: Can't create a new or modify a record with only function keys (as I understand it)
    ?
    Why does it have to be a function key? Ctrl+Ins and Ctrl+Del work fine to insert and delete. Thinking it has to be a function key is just an old way of thinking.

This is fine by me :)
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    I just got back from holidays
    check the properties "style"-"styleexpr" of the fields. Use them to change the color of the text.
    You just have to write one line of code to change the value of the styleexpr property, if you want.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
    Belias wrote:
    I just got back from holidays
    check the properties "style"-"styleexpr" of the fields. Use them to change the color of the text.
    You just have to write one line of code to change the value of the styleexpr property, if you want.

Thanks for the help. In which trigger can I use this code? For example: I have 5 lines and the third line has a amount < 0. The other lines have an amount >= 0. I want the Amounts < 0 to be in red.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    in the amount field set property:
    style=unfavorable
    styleexpr=myboolean
    CAUTION! when you declare myboolean variable in c/al globals, be sure to set Includeindataset property of the variable to yes.

in onaftergetrecord trigger write:
    myboolean := amount < 0;

-Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
    Thanks for the example. At least showing existing data can have different colors. I will test it out.

Note: When a new record is created, or record is modified, this trigger will not fire...is there another?