*.bat and *.cmd running problem

vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
edited 2012-12-23 in Navision DOS
hi,

I am getting problem when calling a bat or cmd file(SHELL('D:\upload.cmd'),SHELL('D:\upload.bat')) through navision.

When i double click on both file this is running perfectly and uploading a text file on ftp server correctly.

any help...!!!

Comments

• ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    Is it on RTC, then read the following post

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=31440&hilit=shell+command
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    No it's classic but still it's not working with both of command SHELL and with automation variable.
    The other two possibilities that come to my mind,

1) Try to find out what NAV is trying to do; is it trying locate these files on the client or on the server?
    2) Permission issue: Does the user account which is running the NAV service have access to these folders and files?

Chn
    Chinmoy wrote:
    The other two possibilities that come to my mind,

1) Try to find out what NAV is trying to do; is it trying locate these files on the client or on the server?
    2) Permission issue: Does the user account which is running the NAV service have access to these folders and files?

Chn

1. I am uploading a file on ftp server.
    2. User has admin right to access this file.
    Other than this I am not able to think of any other problems.. however, I would again like to rephrase one of my questions,

where is this d:\upload.bat or d:\upload.cmd file? If it is on the client from where you are trying to run, then, are you sure that the NAV client is not trying to find this file on the D: of the server?

Chn
    Chinmoy wrote:
    Other than this I am not able to think of any other problems.. however, I would again like to rephrase one of my questions,

where is this d:\upload.bat or d:\upload.cmd file? If it is on the client from where you are trying to run, then, are you sure that the NAV client is not trying to find this file on the D: of the server?

Chn

This is d:\upload.bat on client pc and how can it search the file on server even when i am double clicking on this bat file then it's uploading the file successfully.
    I tried it out with a simple directory listing and copy file from one location to another, and everything worked fine. I guess you need to check for any error / warning trails logged in the windows events to look for hints to solve your problem. Also, try to put some message etc. in the batch file to see if it is actually running.

Chn
    I got resolved it. =D>

Actually the problem was with mput*.* or mget*.* command where this is searching the file on ftp so i have put LCD command before the mput or mget to search it on local system and now it's working fine. When we double click on .bat or .cmd then it takes the file path by default from local directory because of the problem was occuring. anyway..

Thanks a lot Chinmoy.....