Navision Links and XP Service Pack 2

Ian_piddigntonIan_piddignton Member Posts: 92
Hi All

We have a site that uses the send link by email function in Navision. This has worked fine until they installed XP Service Pack 2. Now they find that the links are blocked. Microsoft tech support have been unable to replicate the issue directly becasue they think it is related to the email client. The site uses Novell Groupwise and of course the only documentation they can find to help relates to Outlook.

Anyone got any ideas what settings in the service pack need tweeking? I am sure it is around the new security features, but not sure where to tweek them.

Any ideas would be great

Regards

Ian

Comments

• dijconadijcona Member Posts: 8
    Try this:

Run regedit and find the key:
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision\shell\open\command]

Remove the double backslash so that there is only single backslash in the
    path to finhlink.exe

Desktop shortcuts and email links should work again. If you use group policies you could then roll this change out to all machines. Otherwise just create a .reg file that people load into their machines.

Regards
    Meint
  • Ian_piddigntonIan_piddignton Member Posts: 92
    Thanks for that I'll give it a whirl.

Ian
  • detlefdetlef Member Posts: 38
    Thank you, Meint
    That worked perfectly.
    I had the same problem.

Cheers
    Detlef
  • Kim_KjærgaardKim_Kjærgaard Member Posts: 17
    I need to use these links, so that we can call navision fra outlook, and show the customer.

The only documentation i can find is for Navision 4.0 with smarttags - nd we are using 3.70

Thanks in advance
  • Ian_piddigntonIan_piddignton Member Posts: 92
    Hi Kim.

I am not sure it is documented well anywhere.

To send the link you go into Navision. Have the customer Card open and on the customer you want to link to and then got to File->Send->Link by Email. This will generate a email witht eh link in it. Proiding the receipiant of the email has navision and can connect to the Database clicking the link will automatically open Navision and open the customer card on the customer selected.

Smart tags works by the user typing a customer name in application that understands smart tags(eg word) it then underlines it in pink and you get an option to open the customer card(assuming it was a customer name) from there. Depending on the local MBS office Smart tags has been avaiable from about 3.60(at least that was the first version I worked on in the UK) If you want any more info drop me a line.

regards

Ian
  • Kim_KjærgaardKim_Kjærgaard Member Posts: 17
    Ok thanks,

I went into to navision and made the links, i was just hopeing that someone knew what was possible.