Inventory Valuation NA vs. W1

ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
Hello
In NA version the inventory valuation report is different than in W1. In NA it report 10139
In W1 it's report 1001

I was wondering why US built a new report and why the W1 wasn't sufficient.

Thanks.
Ahmed Rashed Amini
Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    What I never understand is why they remove the W1 objects when they do this. they should create a new object with a new name if it is a different report. And keep the old one. This would make it easier for multi country implementations. (Yes I know you can import them, but then there is the naming issue).
    David Singleton
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    My guess, if you have two version, in NA, the consultants would probably ask the question I'm asking:
    What's the difference between the two reports? :D

And MS NA had to put some detailed explanation.
    I'm guessing the person who wrote the NA version is no longer there to answer. But maybe he/she is reading mibuso?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    That report goes back a long way at least to 3.00 so its unlikely that anyone knows now.

But still I would rather have both reports with different names, and maybe have the second report have a meaning full name.

Accounts receivable and payable are similar and they go back to about ver 2.01.

They should have a name that indicates the difference.
    David Singleton
  • nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
    What's the difference between the two reports? :D

And MS NA had to put some detailed explanation.

I tried finding the explanation that you were talking about, but I couldn't come up with anything. Could you provide me a link to that article.

Also, were you able to point point the differences between the two (NA and W1) versions?
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    The NA version provides additional functions such as the ability to breakout by location/lot.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
    One of our customer have the Inventory Valuation report from NA and W1. Out of the two reports, W1 match the values from chart of accounts. Now the client wants to know why one report is more accurate than the other. Hence my question, what are the differences between the two.

Also, the Inventory Valuation report from NA was run on December 4th with the date of 10/31/14 and and the output of the report was printed. A week later the same report was run with the same date (10/31/14) and the Quantity was different. How is that possible since the date that we choose was in the past.

I found a few blog post that talk about Inventory Valuation issue from NAV 5.0. But our client is running NAV 2009 N2 and i couldnt find any patches released for NAV 2009 N2 version of the report.

Any ideas as to whats going on?