From Shopping Cart to Navision - Import to Sales Order?

xteknikxteknik Member Posts: 7
Hi there Nav pro's.

The company I work for is using Nav 5 Sp1, native, and I have a general concept question on which I'm desperate for other's input, that is;

We would like a way to get a low volume of orders from a website into Navision, via a CSV or XML file that we'd get from the Shopping cart.

What is an efficient and inexpensive way (read cheap, but works) to import data from a website's shopping cart that contains customer orders ?

-We intend a website to process credit card orders and to output a csv or xml file containing customer name, address, shipping address, product ordered, what they paid etc.
Thinking about this we find that we'll need Nav to see if the Web customer already exists, if the shipping address is same or changed.

-Is importing customers and orders this way 'the done thing'?

The website will be built in a way that returning customers will be remembered (if they choose)
We don't want to have to spend $10K on a bells and whistles module, because:
We have less than 20 products that will be sold from the web.
Order volume is low - between 20 and 40 orders a day.
The 'site will process customers credit cards.
Inventory levels do not need to feed back to the website from Nav.

I'd love to hear your input, be it a one liner, a pointer to a URL, or preferably detail from personal experience.
If you have such a thing already in action, I'd love to hear about it.
We'd be willing to spend money on a solution, but due to the low volume of these sales, we don't want a recurring anual fee, or high implementation cost.

note-We do have a partner, we don't have any onsite coders, we do have a test environment.
thanks!
The road to success is always under construction.

Comments

• jordi79jordi79 Member Posts: 272
    You can use dataport to import and export changes to and via the web system.

or you can try to use a proper webshop solution. try http://scriptserver.com/. they have a solution called tradepoint, which is a B2C and B2B solution. The orders entered in the web appear in your sales order immediately.
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    A really low cost solution would be a data import via dataport into a NAV worksheet, where the imported data would be validated (Customer, Item,...) and then converted into NAV sales orders. Simple, cheap and reliable.
    I presume you have some sort of data replication/copy function between your ERP and web shop system (at least for Customer and Item data)?

BR-RH
  • OlofOlof Member Posts: 27
    I was happy to find this older post as both the question and answer seem to be spot on for us.

Unfortunately, the solution (Scriptserver, Tradepoint) does not seem to exist anymore? At least I can't find any active website nor discussion past the year 2011.

1. Anybody know what / where to find this solution called Scriptserver and Tradepoint?

2. Failing that, what would be the best solution for a smaller company to get data out of our webshop (CS-Cart platform) and into our native NAV database? Above and beyond using manual import/export using dataports?
    2.1 Customer data & Sales Order data
    2.2 we have version 3.70 with technical upgrade to 2009 R2

Thanks in advance for any tips.
    Olof
  • ppavukppavuk Member Posts: 334
    take a look at this - they used to have an webshop for NAV earlier versions. http://www.selectsolutions.net/en/
  • OlofOlof Member Posts: 27
    ppavuk wrote:
    take a look at this - they used to have an webshop for NAV earlier versions. http://www.selectsolutions.net/en/

PPavuk, thanks for info. And so sorry about not reacting earlier.

thanks again!