Options

Non-Inventory Items

fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
Dear Experts,
we have some Non-Inventory items like repairing, gift Wrapping & I have marked the item as non-Inventory in Retail item card.But when we are selling them their qty is getting deducted.

So is there any way the qty should not be deducted?? no matter how much we make sale for that.

since it is a service item and non-inventory item so it should not show in negetive. it should remain 0 only.

kindly let me know on this ASAP.

Thanx & Regards,
Fahd Liaqat

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    You'll need to do period physical inventory and zero out the qty.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    2navornot2nav2navornot2nav Member Posts: 4
    Hi Fahd,

Are you using LS Retail (hence the retail item card?).
    i had a similar issue recently.
    With LS Retail the no-stock posting checkmark is only triggered when selling this item through the POS. When the statement is posted all no-stock posting items are skipped when creating the item journal (and thus no item ledger/value entry will be created), only the sales is posted.
    when creating a sales order in standard NAV then this check seems to be overruled (at least thats also my experience.
    regards,
  • Options
    fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
    Dear 2navornot,
    Thankx for your reply.I am selling these Non-inventory items through LS Retai POS only. But the problem is that it is still getting deducted from the inventroy and It is creating Item Ledger entries for it.

Kindly let me know how can i stop that??

The items should not be deducted & it shoud'nt show in negetive since it is marked as non-inventory item.

Regards,
    Fahd
  • Options
    Hpb88+Hpb88+ Member Posts: 11
    Did you find a solution to this?? I am having same problem ??