NAV2009 R2 Upgrade

maheshmahesh Member Posts: 115
Hello NAV Experts,

My client is running NAV2009 (without any service pack/hotfix) & "not" under BREP of Microsoft.
would it be possible to upgrade to NAV2009 R2 with same license without any issue?

Mahesh Jain
Best Regards,
Mahesh Jain
mahesh@reliconservices.com

Comments

• davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    Probably not. The last license received from Microsoft for the client will restrict what is supported.

Not a good idea running on the first release of a new version without any updates.

Microsoft will sometimes waive past maintenance if the customer signs up for 3 years - but those are negotiated deals.
  • maheshmahesh Member Posts: 115
    Thanks devmac for reply.
    Can i have more robust answers from other experts?
    Best Regards,
    Mahesh Jain
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    How much more robust do you want the answer to be? I thought the answer from davmac is about as robust as you can get them.
    Hello Denster,

Thanks for your interest.
    See attached image taken from Micrsoft website about illustration of how Hotfix/Regulatory Features applies to the latest Microsoft Dynamics NAV versions.

My assumption is that if license have access to NAV 2009 & it also has access to NAV2009 SP1.. "Please correct me, if i'm wrong here"
    Since NAV2009 R2 is more from technical platform enhancements then it should be not be problem with same NAV2009 License. Please share your views.
    Best Regards,
    Mahesh Jain
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    I can't remember if online payments was introduced in SP1 or R2, but I ran into an issue that a NAV2009 license cannot work with online payments unless it is refreshed.
    It gives error when you access credit card payment objects(tables).. those are only 8 tables.
    But client is not going to use this feature.
    Best Regards,
    Mahesh Jain
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Yup, that was my guess.

You can easily bypass the calls to these objects. That's what I did to.

In my opinion it's a design error in NAV. Usually NAV is smart enough to notice that a customer does not have access to something and doesn't try to use it. This piece of functionality is not really designed the NAV way.
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    edited 2012-07-23
    It would be best to access VOICE to redownload the license with the updated permissions

edit: missed the ''NOT" in the TS
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
    Sog wrote:
    It would be best to access VOICE to redownload the license with the updated permissions
    Clien is not under BREP.. it is not possible to download updated license.
    Best Regards,
    Mahesh Jain