Item Ledger Error during Transfer Order Posting (Receipt)

marinduquemarinduque Member Posts: 15
Hello Everybody,

Have anyone encountered this scenario?

I've created a Transfer Order and posted it (to Ship) successfully. But during posting-to Receipt, i encountered an error message 'Item Ledger Entry Entry XXXX does not exist'.
I've tried following instructions below as posted in previous forum, but it did not solve the problem:
a) Item Journal- negative adjust – In Transit Location;
b) Positive Adjustment to Final Location;
c) Delete the Transfer Order (cannot delete since there are posted shipment already)

I am using NAV 2009 SP1 with no customization in Transfer Order.

Any help would be appreciated.

thank you so much!

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    marinduque wrote:
    a) Item Journal- negative adjust – In Transit Location;

NEVER make inventory adjustments to an In-Transit location. A prior adjustment is likely what caused your problem in the first place.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • marinduquemarinduque Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

thanks for the prompt reply.
    Prior adjustment was a standard process of NAV during posting of sales, purchases.

what do you suggest to resolvet this error.

Thanks
  • n.topalovn.topalov Member Posts: 26
    Hello,
    Seems to be a old topic, but I recently got the same problem. I receive error message on post Transfer Receipt "Item Ledger Entry [Number] does not exist".

The debugger stops at some recursive functions during posting/checking the Application. The client is using NAV 2009 R2 + LS Retail, SQL, FIFO costing.

I found that this is known issue by Microsoft (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2845115) but they suggest is more like a work around, not solving the problem when it occurs.

I receive this error for second time (for almost 4 years client is LIVE). First time I put IF GET THEN and the transfer posted, but I am sure this is not the best solution.

Does anyone solve this or have some ideas ?

Thanks,
    N.
    3.jpg 137.7K