Automatic Consumption via Output journal (Routing link code)

thomastthomast Member Posts: 102
Hi Guys,

How do I automatically consume from an output journal?

I have set up a BOM where all components have Routing Link Code=100. The third operation step on my routing also has this routing link code (100). My expectation was that when I went to the Output Journal, exploded the routing to reveal all steps, and put Output Qty. = 1 on the third step and posted, then all components should be consumed. But this didn't happen... Is this not the way it is intended? I also tried to put a check mark in "Finished", but it still didn't consume the components.

So, what triggers the consumption of components from an output journal? Or is the output journal not the right place to do it? I don't want to use production journal as I don't think the manufacturing workers should have access to the production order it self.

Thanks,

Tom.

Comments

• cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    Hi,

On the item card for the components you need to change the field flushing method from manual to backward if you want consumption to be posted when you post output. After that you also need to refresh the production order because flushing method field also exist in the component. After this consumption will be posted when you post output.