You do not have permission to modify records posted table

yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
Hi,

I know this error is already discuss before i post here. But my case is different. One of our client hit below error when they try to rename the customer no. Specially those customer no. does not exist in posted shipment table (all of posted table). Why system giving error without posted shipment record and not directly modify the table. I try to set permission on customer table and customer card. It does not work.
And I set posted R/I/M/D permission on his/her role. So they can directly amend on table. But the error is come out when they rename the customer no. ](*,) ](*,)

Any way to solve this problem.
---------------------------
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic
You do not have permission to modify records in the Sales Shipment Header table.

Contact your system administrator to have your permissions changed.

OK   

Regards,
Yukon
Make Simple & Easy

Comments

• william_akihisawilliam_akihisa Member Posts: 14
    modifying posted table is not recommended [-X you should return order first and then make a new order to fix it.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    modifying posted table is not recommended [-X you should return order first and then make a new order to fix it.

Post is discussing about renaming Customer No. and not modifying records (renaming will also modify records but AFAIK that is permissible in NAV).
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    yukon wrote:
    Hi,

I know this error is already discuss before i post here. But my case is different. One of our client hit below error when they try to rename the customer no. Specially those customer no. does not exist in posted shipment table (all of posted table). Why system giving error without posted shipment record and not directly modify the table. I try to set permission on customer table and customer card. It does not work.
    And I set posted R/I/M/D permission on his/her role. So they can directly amend on table. But the error is come out when they rename the customer no. ](*,) ](*,)

Any way to solve this problem.
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic
    You do not have permission to modify records in the Sales Shipment Header table.

Contact your system administrator to have your permissions changed.

OK   

This appears to be a straightforward permissions issue. The Sales Shipment Header table is not a "Posted" document table - it is an open document table.

So I would make sure the user has permissions to table 110. Easiest way to test is to log in as a user with SUPER permissions and try it again. If that works, then you need to add a role for that user that has all the table permissions necessary. It's hard to determine which records they are, but if you are using the standard NAV roles, I would start with the "S&R-Q/O/I/R/C, POST" role - that should have most of the tables necessary to do a Customer No. RENAME. If you get additional permission errors, then you can create a new Role for those tables or find another Role that includes those records.

Good Luck!
    Ron
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    The Sales Shipment Header table IS a "Posted" document table - it is NOT an open document table.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • vivek4121vivek4121 Member Posts: 165
    Agreed with bbrown "Sales Shipment Header" table is a Posted document table, the record only enters into that when we Post the Sales Order as Ship. Open document table is rather "Sales Header" table