How to use page footer without reserving space on every page

dipanwita_cdipanwita_c Member Posts: 11
Hello... We recently created a customized report which required the footer items to be shown at a fixed position with respect to the layout. Also, the footer items should only show on the last page. We used the page footer and report items hidden property to achieve the same. But the problem now is, although the fixed footer now shows only on last page, but it reserves the footer space on every page. For example, if a page can actually cater for 40 lines, due to the reserved space, only 20 lines show in one page while the others are split to the next page. We tried using the report body instead of page footer. But with this, the position of the footer items keeps varying. Table footer also creates the varying positions. Is there any way to do this ?

PS : I am using NAV 2013, Visual Studio 2010 ... Sorry I missed out this part previously

Comments

• ppavukppavuk Member Posts: 334
    Classic or RDLC?
  • dipanwita_cdipanwita_c Member Posts: 11
    Sorry... I missed that out.... I am using NAV 2013.... Visual Studio 2010.... this problem is with RDLC
  • dipanwita_cdipanwita_c Member Posts: 11
    ppavuk wrote:
    Classic or RDLC?

RDLC
  • ppavukppavuk Member Posts: 334
    I guess only way is to get rid of footer itself, and put stuff in the very end of body, and then manage how many lines to print per page. Similarly as it has done in Cheque report, where footers a different on different pages. Of course this would work only in print/print layout/PDF, the preview will not work properly.