Line Discount Amount Field in The Sales Line Table

slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 358
Dear Gurus
I have come across another issue to which I can't find an answer. According to HELP, Line Discount Amount Field in The Sales Line Table is
This field contains the amount of the discount that will be given on the invoice line. The program uses the Line Discount %, Quantity and Unit Price tables to calculate the amount.
Attention
If you change the line discount amount, the program will update the contents of the Line Discount % and Line Amount fields. The contents of the Inv. Discount Amount field will be deleted if the line discount amount is changed. This means that the invoice discount amount will have to be recalculated.

If we give any discount less than 100%, this field contains a correct value and posted as it is. But, in case of a 100% discount which our company sometime gives as free issues, then the value in this field becomes 0 which we feel wrong.

Is there any reason behind making Line Discount Amount Field in The Sales Invoice Line Table to 0, when the Line Discount % is 100. ?

UPDATE
My original question is confusing and not correct. The problem is actually, when we have "Line Discount %" as 100, after posting, in the Sales Invoice Line table, the "Line Discount Amount" becomes 0.
"A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."

Comments

• slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 358
    I dont know whether I am asking stupid questions :(
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    Sounds like a modification.
    I just tried this in a 2009 R2 DE and the field Line Discount Amount is correct even if Line Disc. % is 100.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • mkeurmkeur Member Posts: 13
    Same here, tested in 2009 R2 client, 100% discounts stays 100% discount. Also tested in 2013 R2, same result...
    hope this helps
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Maybe your field is just not wide enough for 3 characters? :-k
    Savatage wrote:
    Maybe your field is just not wide enough for 3 characters? :-k

No. Its not the case. I was asking about "Line Discount Amount" field in Sales Invoice Line table. Not "Line Discount %" field.
    When we enter, the discount % as 100, I expected the "Line Discount Amount" in Sales Invoice Line table to contain full value (Unit Price * Quantity).
    But, in my case, if I enter a Discount % less than 100, the "Line Discount Amount" filled with correct amount. If we enter 100 and post, then "Line Discount Amount" is 0.

I found this code in CU 80.

DivideAmount(QtyType : 'General,Invoicing,Shipping';SalesLineQty : Decimal)
    I found the following piece of code. Does it related to this? because, in "Sales Invoice Line" table, the "Line Discount Amount" becomes 0.
    IF RoundingLineInserted AND (RoundingLineNo = SalesLine."Line No.") THEN
      EXIT;
    WITH SalesLine DO
      IF (SalesLineQty = 0) OR ("Unit Price" = 0) OR ("Line Discount %" = 100) THEN BEGIN
        "Line Amount" := 0;
        "Line Discount Amount" := 0;
        "Inv. Discount Amount" := 0;
        "VAT Base Amount" := 0;
        Amount := 0;
        "Amount Including VAT" := 0;
      END ELSE BEGIN

Is there any reason to make "Line Discount Amount" in Sales Invoice Line table to zero in this case?

Thank you again.
    Is there any reason to make "Line Discount Amount" in Sales Invoice Line table to zero when the "Line Discount %" is 100 ?