Options

Trigger camera and save photo from within NAV 2009 R2

tomadtomad Member Posts: 12
We are running NAV 2009 R2 Classic Client. We are currently taking Photos of outgoing orders as documentation in case our customer reports items missing on receipt. The Photos are taken with a small digital camera and manually stored by date. Each date can contain many Photos which has to be searched for the specific order in case documentation is needed.

I would like to trigger a camera from the sales order in NAV to drop a picture file on the Network where I, still from NAV, can rename the file, store it and create a link in the Sales Order which subsequently is transferred to the Posted Invoice. In case it is needed later it can simply be opened from within the Posted Invoice or by entering the Sales Order No., which will save lots of time for our people who handles the complaints.

The renaming and linking part is no problem, but I haven't been able to find a piece of software that I could control from NAV in order to take the picture and save it to disk. I am looking at replacing the digital camera with a HD webcam of some sort.

Does anyone out there know a solution to this?
Regards

/tomad

Comments

• Options
    mkeurmkeur Member Posts: 13
    Why don't you print to a file or pdf? This way you also have a static file. Save a link to that file on the sales order.
    Although it would be interesting to have a butten for a webcam picture in NAV. So I will follow this thread closely.
  • Options
    I apologize for not making myself clear: We are indeed printing the order to PDF and saving it. What I am speaking of are the actual parts (or some of them) being laid out on a table and photographed.
    Regards

/tomad
  • Options
    Solved it. Found a utility called "webcamimagesave" which had command-line options and could be controlled using WshShell including the filename. Once the image is saved to disk it is pretty straightforward to handle it further from NAV.

Perhaps not the most elegant of solutions, but it works!
    Regards

/tomad