Options

Navision Mail Automation variable

DerekHuizerDerekHuizer Member Posts: 7
Hello,

I'm running an issue concerning the Navision Mail Automation variable. I've developed a mail functionality for our customer which works with the navision mail automation 1.00. Due to some layout issues in the mail and the possibility of defining a port, I installed the KB article which makes use of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Mail Helper 7.0. I registered the dll using regasm and adjusted the variable in the codeunit to the new dll.

Since this action I get the following error message:
Could not create an instance of the OLE control or Automation server identified by GUID...:'Microsoft Dynamics NAV Mail Helper'.SmtpMessage. Check that the OLE control or Automation server is correctly installed and registered.

I tried to re-register the 1.00 version but even this version gets the same error now, except the name of the automation server in the error message links of course to version 1.00.

I looked at some posts on Mibuso concerning this functionality but nothing seem to resolve my issue. ](*,)

The customer is running NAV2009 R2 Classic and SQL Server 2012.

Thanks in advance for your suggestion.

Derek

Comments

• Options
    ReedbergReedberg Member Posts: 68
    DerekHuizer,
    I had the similar issue with my client. But in my case I used Microsoft Dynamics NAV Mail Helper 7.1. As you did I also registered the dll using regasm and adjusted the codeunit to the new dll. It worked fine on my test environment. It causes the same error you described on PROD environment.

It occured that PROD environment of my client used some old Framework verion ~2. After he upgraded Framework for the last available version and reregistered dll, everything worked out!

Really hope this will help