Difference between purchase return order and undo receipt

poppinspoppins Member Posts: 647
Hi everyone,

I want to know the difference between creating a purchase return order and undo receipt from a posted purchase receipt.

When to use each of them???

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Undo Receipt is meant for correcting a receiving mistake. It can only be used if the purchase order has not been invoiced or no other movement of the inventory has occurred.

On the other hand, a Return Order is used to support more of a traditional product return and credit process.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Most important thing is that you cannot Undo anymore after the invoice was booked.

Undo is more or less guaranteed to handle the inventory value correctly, I think in case of a Return you need to make sure the applies-to / applies-from stuff is right (if you just copy the receipt with copy document it will fill in).

Neither was really meant for quality control. Navision, as far as I can tell, does not give a hoot about quality control, basically you should not really book stock in before it is checked and accepted, basically consider the inventory that is physically on site but not yet accepted as not received in the Navision sense. You could customize and make a column in the PO like "qty. arrived not checked" to track it or something. I find it pretty bad.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Undo cannot be used once there is inventory activity against the original inbound entries. Even if the PO has not been invoiced. An example would be if the item had already been transferred to another location. The original entries must still have their full original quantity remaining.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.