Options

NAS in Stopping Mode

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Sir,

A Custom Windows Service is responsible to run & stop four different NAS services for the four different Companies on NAV 2009 R2 SQL Server Database.

[ As License permits one at a time ]

Activities of NAS
1. Periodic NAV Activity, Batch Processing, etc.
2. Report PDF generation & mail merge.
3. Others

The whole system is working fine!!..
But since last few months I have seen that one of my NAS service goes in hanging Mode (Stopping) and henceforth the next the NAS service is not able to start.
This way the whole nas system is gone out of balanced.

May I know.
What is the reason a NAS Service hanging in a Stopping Mode for long time ?

Kindly inform.
Now or Never

Comments

• Options
    ccorreiaccorreia Member Posts: 36
    If your license only permits one NAS, how do you run 4? Probably one of the problems is related with that?
    If you only have license to run 1 NAS, the others will hang, at least I think that's how it works.

Have you checked the event viewer? You should have all the information you need there to understand why your services are stopping.
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    The "stop" command on NAS is not a command to immediately stop. Rather it is actually a request to stop. The NAS does not stop until it is idle. If the NAS is processing something, when the "stop" command is sent, it will complete the current running job before it stops.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    As the license permits one NAS at a time that's why I run a single NAS out of four.
    Actually Client needs for NAS for their four companies. I have installed four NASs & run & stop them one by one sequentially/rotationally (through custom Window service).

bbrown's first post is most worthful in this context.
    Now or Never
  • Options
    Why does NAS hang in Stopping Mode ?? :-k
    It hangs in a particular(for a particular company) day when a pdf output of a report is to be mailed.
    The same report working fine for other nas ( for other company ) service without any issue.
    Now or Never
  • Options
    edited 2015-12-12
    If NAS is processing something and at the same time the "stop" command is sent, it will complete the current running job before it stops.

--- It's not right. I experienced it.
    Now or Never