Renumbering the posted Entries in a GL

HayanHayan Member Posts: 110
Dear All,

Is there a way in Navision that we can renumber the Posted entries. In other words, i have posted some entries that goes back in time and i want the number series of the posted entries to get renumbered so that the entreis will be chronologically in order with time and number. Is there any way of doing so.

Thanks in Advance.

Best
HAYAN

Comments

• jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi Hayan,

in short: no. Normally there is no need to, either.

with best regards

Jens
  • HayanHayan Member Posts: 110
    Hi jglathe,
    Well yes, but in my country they need it, because the the customer might post an entry in back in time and this is Required for the government.
    anyways thanks for the reply.
    Best
    HAYAN
  • rmv_RUrmv_RU Member Posts: 119
    Hayan wrote:
    Hi jglathe,
    Well yes, but in my country they need it, because the the customer might post an entry in back in time and this is Required for the government.
    Best
    HAYAN
    It should be paranoid goverment if tax authority analyze general ledger entries :).
    May be sorting by posting date will be suitable for you.
    Looking for part-time work.
    Nav, T-SQL.
  • HayanHayan Member Posts: 110
    rmv_RU wrote:
    Hayan wrote:
    Hi jglathe,
    Best
    HAYAN
    It should be paranoid goverment if tax authority analyze general ledger entries :).
    May be sorting by posting date will be suitable for you.

Hahaha, well it is. anyways thanks for the reply.

Best
    HAYAN
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi Hayan,

I thought a little about the issue and... well, no. It would be most impractical to restrict posting by date. Accounting simply doesn't work this way. It is normal procedure to post within the allowed period, that would be the posting date, as "effective date of the transaction". This doesn't mean anything about *when* you post this transaction. This is recorded in the G/L register, and they are indeed sorted by entry no (of the register) and by creation date of the posting. Within the G/L register, the G/L entry numbers are consecutive, also by creation date and entry no. But, the creation date of a posting isn't recorded in the G/L entry. Since this can be an interesting information, we have changed our system to record it in all ledger entries, too. This can also be done to an existing system and completed from the registers. So, the requirement can be met and the information is already there.

with best regards

Jens
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Tips & Tricks' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!