Options

How do I use the "Define Calculated Fields" in Nav-Classic

CowsRUSCowsRUS Member Posts: 5
Hello all noob here, :lol:

I am working with Navision Classic 2009 R2 in the object designer, Form, Style Sheet Card. I am building forms and I am trying to figure out how to use the "Define Calculate Fields". I've tried looking online but there seems to be nothing much on using "Define Calculate Fields" on 2009 R2 Classic. I'm not sure on how to create a formula. I am trying to create a Blanket Period date that is exactly 1 year from the ETD Port of Loading date. So if the ETD Port of Loading Date is 3/10/15 the next date should be 3/10/16.

(ie)

Blanket Period:

From date: 3/10/15 To date: __________

I can pull up the ETD Port of Loading date but can not seem to formulate to get it to pull a date 1 year from the original date :-k . I don't know how to create a formula. From some googling it seems that I need to put an = sign first but then what after then? Please help! :D

Comments

• Options
    SonGoten13SonGoten13 Member Posts: 44
    I am not sure if i understand you correctly but for Date Calculation you can use the CALCDATE Function
    Syntax (Search for it in the Dev Help)
    NewDate := CALCDATE(DateExpression [, Date])

Example:
    Date := 100315D;
    NewDate := CALCDATE('<+1Y>',Date);
    MESSAGE(FORMAT(NewDate));

• Options
    :D Thank you for the response. I tried what you suggested and it didn't seem to work. Am I entering it wrong? Please let me know. I am trying to create a Define Calculated Field from the Object Designer > Form > Style Sheet. There is already a Style sheet code that lets me pull out the beginning date that I want. I want the ending date to be exactly one year from that beginning date. Does that make sense? :-k
  • Options
  • Options
    SonGoten13SonGoten13 Member Posts: 44
    Oh, big misunderstanding here :roll:
    I thought you were talking about actual code.
    Sorry can't help you here, seems you are using some kind of special tool or a different version as i don't have this object.
  • Options
    Thank you for trying to help :D