Options

Begginer date filter

love2courtneylove2courtney Member Posts: 16
Hi all,
I have a main form with 3 subforms. Both main and subforms are based on the same tables, subforms as some filter to spilt data inside. I need to have a field, in the main form, to filter a date, which has impact to all subforms. Could you help me?

I'm a newbe, so keep it simple.

Mario

Comments

• Options
    neilgfneilgf Member Posts: 148
    Hi!
    Need more details really re table you are using and how the main form and sub forms are different.
    Presume there is a property link between the main and sub forms so that you are confirming the relationship between the main form and sub forms. If so you could include the date field on the main form and use Field Filter in the usual way and then tab away for the sub forms to update. That's the simplest way.
    Hope this makes sense and helps.I can send screen dumps of properties I refer to above and field filters if required.

Neil
  • Options
    neilgf wrote:
    Hi!
    Need more details really re table you are using and how the main form and sub forms are different.
    Presume there is a property link between the main and sub forms so that you are confirming the relationship between the main form and sub forms. If so you could include the date field on the main form and use Field Filter in the usual way and then tab away for the sub forms to update. That's the simplest way.
    Hope this makes sense and helps.I can send screen dumps of properties I refer to above and field filters if required.

Neil

Hi Neil,
    I got your point, but try to see attachments. I saw hot to filter with a date like not empty or fix, but how to link it to an existing field in the main form.
  • Options
    Hi!
    Yes your issue here is that you have 3 sub forms showing the same data for different machines. so you want a date filter to apply to all 3 forms. So my suggested property links will not work as you require.
    So if the table which all 3 forms are based on has a date field, you could set up a main form with just the date on it and then link all 3 sub forms to the main form via properties.
    I will shortly send some screen shots showing examples of what I mean. The examples are based on the master form for the item table and subforms showing item ledger entries for locations - each location has one sub form.

Neil
  • Options
    Hi,

I have a pdf file with screenshots included so please confirm your email to me at neil@fpconsult.co.uk and I will email to you.

Neil
  • Options
    Hi! Now engaged brain so there is a download link off our web page at:
    http://www.dynamicsnavukhelp.co.uk/foru ... hot-links/

Neil
  • Options
    neilgf wrote:
    Hi! Now engaged brain so there is a download link off our web page at:
    http://www.dynamicsnavukhelp.co.uk/foru ... hot-links/

Neil

That works perfectly. Many thanks. Just one side note. Once I have changed date on the 'main' field, it is required to click out and then in that field to see the new filter applied. Is there something I can do to have the whole form refreshed on when I live that filed?
  • Options
    Hi!

That's great news and yes just tab away from the field and the remaining forms will update.

Neil
  • Options
    neilgf wrote:
    Hi!

That's great news and yes just tab away from the field and the remaining forms will update.

Neil

The tab is not making it happening.I need to focus on my suborms and then gave focus to the date again. That only works.
  • Options
    Hi!

Works fine on my example I created on my demo database (Nav 2009 R2) so would you like to send me your objects and I can have a look? Email address as noted in earlier response.

Neil
  • Options
    Last thing I need to do is that I want the focus on the main form when I open it, but it always setted to the new one, even if I set on the main form, on the property 'ActiveControlOnOpen' a field on the main. Any idea?
  • Options
    Last thing I need to do is that I want the focus on the main form when I open it, but it always setted to the new one, even if I set on the main form, on the property 'ActiveControlOnOpen' a field on the main. Any idea?

It happends only if I have no record in the new subform.
  • Options
    Hi,

Strange one this. Presume its something to do with relationships between fields and tabs but amending a few properties does not change the form opening at tab 2 sub form 1. Nothing seems to work apart from making the tab properties non editable. Save then run and then click in 'Data' filter. Close. Re run and it opens at Data field.

Which is fine if you do not want to edit the subforms at all.

Neil
  • Options
    neilgf wrote:
    Hi,

Strange one this. Presume its something to do with relationships between fields and tabs but amending a few properties does not change the form opening at tab 2 sub form 1. Nothing seems to work apart from making the tab properties non editable. Save then run and then click in 'Data' filter. Close. Re run and it opens at Data field.

Which is fine if you do not want to edit the subforms at all.

Neil

Unfortunatly I add this subform on a new tab of production order, where I must edit it.