Searching Windows Login

infonoteinfonote Member Posts: 233
Hi,

I have a few users who are experiencing problems when opening a few custom forms "searching windows login".
We recently transferred the login details from one active directory domain to another.

Most users work correctly, but a few have the problems.
We have synchronized all users, ensured that all setup is similar.

Note: The users can log into NAV, they just encounter problems when opening forms.

Thanks in advance,
Peter

Comments

• evandeveerdonkevandeveerdonk Member Posts: 49
    Are these random forms, or are they forms where some sort of a validation against the userID is coded?
    http://www.vssolutions NAV-Outlook synchronisation re-invented.
  • infonoteinfonote Member Posts: 233
    They are forms of a vertical. I do not think they contain any validation, but will check and let you know.
    We noticed that the security model is set to enhanced.
    We are changing the model to simple on a test database to see if there is any change in performance.

We even tried removing the users and re-adding them, but it made no difference.
    So at this stage if security model does not work, we suspect it may be a setup in active directory or networking issue.

Re-compiling all objects helped performance a very tiny bit, but as more users logged in, system performance degraded.

Are these random forms, or are they forms where some sort of a validation against the userID is coded?
    Changing the security model will at least help you to speed up the "Sync all users" function, and the "enhanced" setting is a thing of the past which has no use anymore
    Changing the security model did not have any effect performance wise.
    It only affects a few users, so it might be an active directory issue, but I am not so knowledgeable about networking and active directory to be 100% sure.

But from NAV side, everything is identical as regards role, permissions, SQL Server etc.

So I am out of ideas really.
    Changing the security model will at least help you to speed up the "Sync all users" function, and the "enhanced" setting is a thing of the past which has no use anymore
    Can you mail me the .txt files of the form and table?
    Perhaps the clue can be found in there:

ernst@vssolutions.nl
    Found the root of the problem - some custom code.

Seems that when I open the 'Windows Login' System table, and filter by 'ID' field, it is taking a long time to load.
    However, the issue only started occurring, since adding the new users from the new active directory, so the true underlying reason, is still unknown, but at least we removed that code.

Can you mail me the .txt files of the form and table?
    Perhaps the clue can be found in there:

ernst@vssolutions.nl