Options

Basics about importing data from Excel to NAV 2009

ShabanShaban Member Posts: 2
Hi All,
I suddenly was asked last week by my manager to use the microsoft dynamics navision 2009, as a new tool, to create quotation and process the incoming orders. I was given a very basic and armatures training in 30 minutes to create a New Customer / New Contact and finally New Sales Quote.

I construct the offering items in excel sheets, normally 200-500 items/lines, including the technical description/Part No./Price per each line. Which is the best and fastest way to create the quote construction by means of excel formula and other excel tools.
Then used to copy the information into word quote format.

Now, I have been asked to prepare the quotes and process the orders in Nav. and enter the information line by line which would be very time-consuming in the way that I have been told to do.

My question: Is there such a possibility in Nav. to import the quote data from excel sheet? If anybody could help or even advise where I can start from, would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Shaban

Comments

• Options
    neilgfneilgf Member Posts: 148
    Shaban

It is possible but not 'out of the box' for Nav 2009. We develop excel file data loads into a number of Nav tables for our clients using the excel buffer so we can validate the data after loading into the excel buffer and show errors.

Neil