Transfer Order - Not enough inventory

nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
I have a transfer order for an item where the Quantity = 100 .

These quantities have been shipped (Quantity Shipped = 100). Now I am trying to receive them, but I get the following error message:
---------------------------
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic
Item ALFXXXX01 is not on inventory.
OK   

We are on NAV 2009 R2 and the Item is not setup for Item Tracking.
Any idea whats going on?

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Have there been any transactions other than transfers posted to the In-Transit location? Such as negative adjustments. The transfer is not looking to simply receive any 100 units. It needs to receive the 100 units shipped for this transfer. You are likely receiving this error cause the inbound entries to which the receipt is being applied do not have their full quantity available.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
    bbrown wrote:
    It needs to receive the 100 units shipped for this transfer. You are likely receiving this error cause the inbound entries to which the receipt is being applied do not have their full quantity available.

How can I check that the shipment for the Transfer order has not been used by another transaction or check if the shipment had negative/positive adjustment entries done to it once the goods were shipped.

I tried filtering, the ILE and I am able to find the Transfer Shipment Entry that belongs to the Transfer Order (I filter the ILE by the Transfer Order No. and I ended up getting two records [one for the location where the goods are being transfer from and one for the Transfer location]). .