Issues with RMS - Likes/Dislikes

jennydatjennydat Member Posts: 11
edited 2008-08-06 in Retail Management System
Hello

I was just wondering what people generally like/dislike about RMS. What have you found you would change, what could you not live without.

Just getting a feel for it really.

Comments

• gumbootsgumboots Member Posts: 23
    jennydat wrote:
    Hello

I was just wondering what people generally like/dislike about RMS. What have you found you would change, what could you not live without.

Just getting a feel for it really.

Our company uses both NAV and RMS at the 5 retail store locations. I have done integration myself between the two systems at various levels.

* RMS SO's per lane license is affordable.
    * You can later choose to add RMS HQ if you have more than one store selling similar items down the track.
    * RMS SO runs standalone without the need for a full-time connection with the server, RMS HQ. This distributed architecture avoids any single point of failure. If you server needs a restart it wouldn't affect any of your stores.
    * You can schedule HQ to sync with the store databases as frequent as once every hour, which is sufficient for most retail scenarios.

Dislikes:
    * Sophisticated analysis reporting are lacking in RMS.
    * RMS HQ uses climpsy worksheets to delete and sync with RMS SO databases.
    * Deeper integration with ERP system can be a nightmare. Native support for integrating with NAV is non-existent because RMS and NAV are two different applications on two different databases, even though they are owned by Microsoft and marketed under the Dynamics banner.
    * RMS lacks other sophisticated features such as loyalty program.
    * If you use Sales Price to set up MSRP/RRP or Sales Discount in NAV, you would have to find a way to push the changes to RMS HQ and then to RMS SO.

Scott
  • jennydatjennydat Member Posts: 11
    Hello

We have come across some of the similar issues.
    We work with a company that has a pretty comprehensive loyalty program and a more logical reporting module although the reports in RMS as standard can be manipulated if you can get a feel for the background work.
    We also have a 'realtime' service that we have live in some of our customer sites.
    This rules out the need for worksheets and timescalles.
    Everything that is amended, orders created, items changed etc is sent within 1-2 mins to the relevant stores.

With regards integration to NAV, it's unfortunate that it's not clean yet although we are working on it currently. ](*,)