Difference between POS and Retail Managment System

viralviral Member Posts: 23
edited 2011-07-21 in Retail Management System
hi

can any one tell difference between POS and RMS?
Difference by features.

thankx

viral rami
Viral Rami

Comments

• retailremedy123retailremedy123 Member Posts: 1
    Well i am also anxiously waiting for the reply, as a retail consulting in a corporate firm, this question confuse me and needs right and perfect one. Also i need to clarify one more, how the retail industry go slow even though the stock raising higher.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    I don't understand the first question. RMS is a POS. So what is he asking?

It's like asking what is the difference between ERP and Dynamics NAV.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • shanebishopshanebishop Member Posts: 1
    POS systems are much more diverse in terms of features, and RMS is one of those features. Basically POS is the entire business software package.
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    POS systems are much more diverse in terms of features, and RMS is one of those features. Basically POS is the entire business software package.

Actually it's quite the opposite.

I copied the description from Wikipedia because I couldn't describe it better:

Point Of Sale (POS) (also sometimes referred to as Point of purchase (POP) ) or checkout is the location where a transaction occurs. A "checkout" refers to a POS terminal or more generally to the hardware and software used for checkouts, the equivalent of an electronic cash register. A POS terminal manages the selling process by a salesperson accessible interface. The same system allows the creation and printing of the receipt.

(not from Wiki):
    A Retail Management System (as the name says) includes a lot of additional "management" functions (inventory, warehouse, receivables, payables,...) that can also include a POS application.