How To install a NAV Application Server (NAS)?

13»

Comments

• navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    kriki wrote:
    Current sessions: the number of sessions in use at the moment you opened the form
    Licensed sessions: the maximum number of sessions you can have open at any moment. This is the limit imposted by your license.

Thanks.
    I have seen that more than 70 user can not enter into Database when Licensed sessions show the maximum number of sessions have 71.

Why ?
    Now or Never
  • geronimogeronimo Member Posts: 90
    navuser1 wrote:
    kriki wrote:
    Current sessions: the number of sessions in use at the moment you opened the form
    Licensed sessions: the maximum number of sessions you can have open at any moment. This is the limit imposted by your license.

Thanks.
    I have seen that more than 70 user can not enter into Database when Licensed sessions show the maximum number of sessions have 71.

Why ?
    this is probably because the other session is a NAS user. You should be able to see this in your license file.
  • zacrzacr Member Posts: 19
    I was having a very hard time getting job queue to work and discovered that I should not have included quotation marks around my startup parameter. If you include the quotation marks, they will be passed to codeunit 1 and won't match the terms evaluated there.

Here's a quick summary of what I've learned from various sources. (Sorry I can't cite the authors, I'm not that organized.)

To create a NAS instance:
    nassql.exe appservername=TheNasName, NETTYPE=TCP, servername=TheSQLServer, database=TheSQLDatabase, company="The Company", nettype=tcp, startupparameter=THEPARAMETER, objectcache=40000, installasservice

To manually start NAS with the debugger:
    nassql.exe debug=1, appservername=TheNasName, servername=TheSQLServer, database=TheSQLDatabase, company="The Company", nettype=tcp, startupparameter=JOBQUEUE, objectcache=40000

[Note that the database and company names can be enclosed in quotation marks (and have to be, if the name(s) contain a space).]

To use the Classic client debugger and pretend you're running NAS:
    Create a form with a text box and a button. When the button is pressed, it should call codeunit 1, function NASHandler and pass the contents of the text box:
    CU1.NASHandler(StartupParam);

Hope this helps.

- Zac
  • himanshuhimanshu Member Posts: 24
    I am using NAV 7.0 and when i configure NAV services in application server it given me an error on running rtc that "THE CONNECTION TO SERVER CANNOT BE MADE" I want to send e-mail automatically bye using job queue and NAS services.
    Thanks&Regards
    Himanshu Yadav
    (Dynamics NAV)