How To determine what objects can be read with the current..

AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
edited 2006-07-24 in How Tos section
How To determine what objects can be read with the current license file?

http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=1

Discuss this How To here.

Comments

• davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    I used this form to see which tables my customer had permissions to modify.
    According to the form my customer license has permission to modify table 112 sales invoice header.
    However the form gives an error message that it does NOT have permission.
    I can use the form in my developer license as SUPER, but not under their license as SUPER.
    Has anything changed in 4.0SP1 that would override the permissions from this virtual table?
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Our reg license allows us to modify that table too but just SOME fields not all

See Codeunit:Shipment Header - Edit to see which fields.
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    I think this has something to do with tax-laws. It does not permit you to change the basics of the financial part of NAV.

At least this is what I always thought was the reason for this.
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    I found a report in the North American edition (10313) which showed what I was missing - tabledata permissions. Sales Invoice Header is table 112. Tabledata only allows indirect mods.
    The codeunit makes changes to sales shipment header. This is called from the form that is built on posted sales shipments, so it looks like I can write a custom codeunit to do the same to shipment data in the posted sales invoice.