How to get fob files for Training Material?

superpuzsuperpuz Member Posts: 53
Hi All,

I'm going through difficulties when following exercises on Dynamics NAV 2013 Training Material which I download from Microsoft partnersource. Especially course no.80433 - Reporting in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 and course no. 80437 - C/SIDE Solution Development in Microsoft Dynamics® NAV 2013. In some exercises, the trainee is asked to import certain object files (*.fob) to be the base of what the topic want to explain. With the fob is nowhere to be found, it's really hard to follow the training material / exercise.

Is anyone know how to get those files?
Regards and Thanks,

Superpuz

Answers

• AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' to 'NAV Courses, Exams & Certification' forum]
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 358
    hi
    Were you able to find the supporting files?

Thanks
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
    Alex Chow wrote:
    You have to pay for it by attending the class.
    Hi Alex
    I downloaded the materials from Customer Source. Why Microsoft wants us to pay for these help files while they give the course materials free. It is very expensive to attend classes in our region. Training materials at Customer source are more than enough for self study. ](*,)
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Really? Can you share the link to the download?

Alex
    I meant the study materials (training materials) from customer source. Not the necessary .fob files.
    BTW, it wasn't so hard to recreate them. Most are based on standard reports.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Ah, I see.. Yeah, the training manuals can be downloaded on CustomerSource. But the .fob files can only be obtained when you attend the class as far as I know.
  • suraj92291suraj92291 Member Posts: 49
    Hi,
    I went through this difficulties too and i am not found any relevant answer but finally i found the solution.So i would like to share how this problem can solved.
    Do you have access to partner source?

You will need access to partner source. You will need to download the instructor manuals. With the instructor manual u will have downloaded a virtual drive file which you need to attach to Windows to extract the files.

All lab files(.fob) are in virtual drive file you can extract this files by follow this steps.
    1.when you run .exe file you will get .vhd file.your .fobs are in this vhd file.
    Now to get files for this .vhd
    -->go to control pannel
    --> go to Administrative Tools
    -->go to computer managment
    -->On left sode right click on Disk Managment
    -->Click on "Attach VHD"
    -->Browse to your .vhd file and click OK
    that's it you can show your files in "computer".

Regards,
    Suraj.
    “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
    ― Albert Einstein
  • bsmithbsmith Member Posts: 1
    Great Post Suraj.

Thanks.
  • TonyDuarteTonyDuarte Member Posts: 92
    Thanks a lot Suraj, your post helped me :)
  • superpuzsuperpuz Member Posts: 53
    Do you know that we need to download the instructor training material from partnersource instead of students training material to get the vhd file?

Regards,

Philipus
    Regards and Thanks,

Superpuz
  • suraj92291suraj92291 Member Posts: 49
    Hi,
    Glad to see that my post helped.As i also get help from other experts here :mrgreen:
    @superpuz
    Both the instructor as well as student material have there own .vhd file.

Thanks & Regards,
    Suraj
    “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
    ― Albert Einstein