How long? MB7-841 NAV 2009 C/SIDE Solution Development

TedTed Member Posts: 18
I plan on taking the MB7-841 exam.
How many weeks should I plan for self study, to have any chance passing? I already did the class room training at Mprise (NLD). I can spend approx. 4hrs/day on studying the training material and practicing the labs. I have no previous experience in programming in C/AL, but I do have over 10 yrs experience in implementing different ERP products (Baan, Dynamics AX, ...)
I know it would be nice to fiddle around a while, do some projects, get advice from senior developers, ... But we are a new startup and simply need the certifications.
Please no links to cheat sheets and brain dumps! I just need sound advice on how much time I should plan to study.
no signature here

Comments

• julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,073
    I just pass it by today...
    if you have enough experience using NAV, i think it's easy to pass
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    With no experience but the labs you should be able to pass. If you understand why labs are solved in that particular way then you are ready. But what is really important is that you go for 840 C/SIDE intro before you take the 841 Solution Development. If not you'll have a much harder time solving the exam.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • ravikantcravikantc Member Posts: 35
    There is no specific time limit or measurement, which is required for study. It all depands on your experiance.
  • TedTed Member Posts: 18
    It took me a lot longer than 4 weeks to prepare, but I had a lot less than 4 hours per day to spend on study. In total I did 5 days of class room training and somewhere between 40 and 60 hours of self study. I had no previous NAV development experience, but I passed the exam a month ago with 88% score.
    no signature here