NAV TechDays 2011

2»

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    All 12 session abstracts are published on the conference website.

Check it out at www.navtechdays.com/2011/sessions.asp .
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    Gert Robyns (Microsoft Development Center Copenhagen) has been added to the speakers list. He will co-present the session "Developer Tools", together with Lars Hammer.

http://www.navtechdays.com/2011/speakers.asp
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    The whole world (*) is coming to NAV TechDays 2011! Can you afford not to go?

navtechdays2011map.png

What are you waiting for? Register now!

(*) OK, that might be a bit exaggerated, but as of today we have received registrations from 33 34 different countries.
    7 reasons to attend NAV TechDays 2011:
    • The opening keynote is presented by Michael Nielsen
      He is Director of Engineering at the Microsoft Development Center in Copenhagen. He was Navision a/s employee no. 5, the original creator of the C/AL language and co-author of C/SIDE and the Dynamics NAV Client.
    • Classic forms are going to be discontinued in NAV ‘7’ so it’s time to move over to pages!
      Attend the conference to get familiar with the transformation process and to learn the tricks & best practices from experts.
    • Classic reports are going to be discontinued in NAV ‘7’ so it’s time to move over to RDLC reporting
      Learn how to use the full potential of RDLC reports, and what is going to change in the new version.
    • There will be no Convergence EMEA 2011
      If you want to connect with your peers then use this opportunity to meet Microsoft product managers and NAV partners.
    • Session duration is 90 minutes
      With session lengths of 1,5 hours, you are assured of in-depth tracks, sustained with live demos and coding.
    • The conference will be hosted in a movie theatre
      This guarantees optimal viewing, listening and seating conditions.
    • The closing keynote is presented by Prof. Richard Wiseman
      Why do some people lead happy successful lives whilst others face repeated failure and sadness? Why are some people always in the right place at the right time, while others are always unlucky? Attend this talk and find out how 'The Luck Factor' can change your life.

One more reason to attend NAV TechDays 2011:
    • Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer Toolkit Being Discontinued as of October 1, 2011
      Microsoft ended support for the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer Toolkit (NDT) and has decided to discontinue sale as well effective October 1, 2011 (PartnerSource announcement). Partners and customers are encouraged to explore alternative tools already available in the market. The two cited tools happens to be present with a booth and/or session at the conference.

With 30 days to go before the start of NAV TechDays 2011, the number of participants has reached the 350 mark.
    Now that the holidays are over, we expect this number to raise fast.

The message is: if you haven't registered yet, don't wait any longer. Capacity is not unlimited.

Complete list of session topics:
    • Administrating NAV '7.0' with Windows PowerShell 2.0 (Stefan Omdahl)
    • Bug-free Development in NAV (Vjekoslav Babic)
    • Developer Tools (Lars Hammer, Gert Robyns)
    • Form Transformation (Per Mogensen)
    • Integration (CRM connector, Webservices, Windows Phone 7, ...) (Freddy Kristiansen)
    • Mergetool (Per Mogensen)
    • .NET interop (Stuart Glasson)
    • Partner-ready Software: how to build software for others to maintain (Eric Wauters, Gary Winter)
    • RDLC Reporting (Yuri Belenky)
    • RoleTailored Client Add-ins, Visualization & Charting (Christian Abeln)
    • Tools & tricks that make NAV development easier and more organized (Mark Brummel)
    • Understanding Keys & Indexes with Dynamics NAV & SQL Server (Jörg Stryk)

Sponsor opportunity: there is a presentation slot available for your product demo. If you sign up as a Gold Sponsor, you can present your solution during the breaks in the presentation area. This is an area in the expo hall equipped with a plasma screen, headset & PA system, and some chairs. Download the Sponsor & Exhibitor Opportunities brochure.

Conference website: http://www.navtechdays.com
    Unfortunately, Stuart Glasson is not able to host a session at the NAV TechDays 2011 conference. The .NET interop session is now presented by Vjekoslav Babic.
    And a new Microsoft speaker has joined the ranks: Bas Graaf. He will host the Bug-free development session, which is now titled "High-quality test automation for NAV applications".

Because of this change in speakers, we had to reschedule some sessions. Please take a look at the updated agenda: http://www.navtechdays.com/2011/agenda.asp .

A message for the few that haven't registered yet: don't wait any longer. Capacity is not unlimited. Register now!

Conference website: http://www.navtechdays.com
    The NAV TechDays 2011 conference is sold out!

One week before the start of the conference, we have 450 participants.
    You can only purchase tickets for the evening reception on Thursday 29 September, from 17:30 to 21:00.

Please contact us if you are dying to register for the full conference. There might be some registrations cancelled.
    Today, I received 2 cancellations. Please use the contact page http://www.navtechdays.com/2011/contact.asp if you want to purchase a conference ticket, and if you can pay with PayPal. Then the tickets can be yours.
    Use this link to view pictures from the NAV TechDays 2011 conference: http://www.navtechdays.com/2011/impressions.asp
  • CailleanCaillean Member Posts: 36
    Hi Luc,

where can I find the pronounced recordings of the NAVTechdays 2011 sessions?
    They will be made available somewhere next week. The company that made the recordings will ship the USB-stick containing the movies via regular mail at the beginning of next week.
  • djkdjkdjkdjk Member Posts: 17
    =D> Felicitation to you & your team for the great conference =D>

In your introduction the first day you announce an "optimal" conference.
    It wasn't!
    It was a perfect conference!
    Advertisement to everyone who will try to make it better: impossible

Thank you Luc from Jeannot Keiser for the whole Orgavision Team.
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    For me it was the most rewarding conference I have been to in the NAV environment. The only "drawback" was that it was hard to decide which sessions to attend because I really would have liked to see them all. Looking forward to 2013 :)

Instead of compiling code like I usually do :wink: I've compiled some video clips which I recorded in the session breakouts.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZoyRDEfDEY
    Kai Kowalewski
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Kowa wrote:
    For me it was the most rewarding conference I have been to in the NAV environment. The only "drawback" was that it was hard to decide which sessions to attend
    yes, i'm with you!
    this winter, i'll proudly wear the neck fastener gifted by Mibuso, when I'll go skiing!
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • davidarnardavidarnar Member Posts: 4
    I would like to thank mibuso for an excellent conference!
This discussion has been closed.