Options

"zup file" for the RTC

DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
edited 2012-05-16 in NAV Three Tier
I am trying to help someone with a problem in the RTC that I don't yet understand, so I might post another question tomorrow. It has something to do with a role center page that was maximized that can't be resized anymore, and even other pages are now maximized by default, and not able to un-maximize. Like I said I need to get more detail on this problem, and will probably follow up in the next day or two.

Obviously something in the system remembers the state of the page after closing it. If this problem would occur in the classic client I would recommend deleting the zup file, since saving the object doesn't solve the issue either. Is there something in the RTC that acts as the zup file? If so, where can I find it?

<edit>not really solved, but the issue is not a problem. Good information in this post though :mrgreen: </edit>

Answers

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    There is the PersonalizationStore.xml that is stored in

C:\Documents and Settings\USER ID\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\PersonalizationStore.xml
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    munib00munib00 Member Posts: 29
    Not sure myself but ...
    Try deleting the PersonalizationStore file.
    %appdata%\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\PersonalizationStore.xml
  • Options
    ara3n wrote:
    There is the PersonalizationStore.xml
    Thanks Rashed. I don't think that will do the trick though. I added a column to my sales invoice list, deleted the PersonalizationStore.xml file, and when I re-opened NAV, the column was still there.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    The personalization of data is stored in multiple locations.
    PersonalizationStore.xml store information about size and location where the form opens etc.

When you add column etc on the form. These personalization are stored in

On the server in the following tables.
    Profile Metadata
    User Personalization

When you mentioned maximized form, then it is stored in PersonalizationStore.xml
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Always nice to know that they are keeping things simple for us :wink:

I had read about the table after my latest reply in here and that did the trick removing the extra column. I'll follow up if it solves the first problem I wrote about.
  • Options
    freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    In general you can say that the PersonalizationStore file contains personalizations which are not settable in metadata.
    This includes column width, window sizes and positions, answers to questions about which COM objects to allow etc.

The table

User Personalization contains information about users default profile, language and company

Profile Metadata and User Metadata are the tables containing metadata deltas.
    On my blog I have a post about what the personalizationID in these tables is

http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk/archive/2008/11/19/creating-and-running-hyperlinks.aspx
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Options
    Thanks Freddy, I need to reread that, it'll probably make more sense to me now.

Following up on the original post, the problem was that the expectation was that the RTC was like the Classic Client, in that he expected to be able to 'un-maximize' pages opened on the main area where the role center content is displayed. So in the classic client, all forms are windows within the client, and he was expecting to be able to move each window within the role center around, and overlap them like you can in the Classic Client. So he was describing 'normal' behavior (i.e. windows within the role center are always maximized in relation to the RTC and accessible from the breadcrumb) as an issue, which we now know it is not.

Thanks for everyone's contribution, I learned something new today :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Hello All,

Did you resolved your above issue?
    I am also getting the same issue.

I have found one Microsoft Bug in all Voucher Forms and Pages
    e.g.
    Form 16569 - Bank Receipt Voucher
    Page 16569 - Bank Receipt Voucher

There are 2 global variables
    AccName-Text-30
    (It must be 50)
    BalAccName-Text-30
    (It must be 50)

Now I changed it to 50 from 30.

But, in Classic problem is resolved. \
    The users having RTC Profile created, are still having an issue while opening the Page as shown in attachment.

But, the same page can get opened on new created users.

So, I think, it is an issue regarding PersonalizationStores.

Please, suggest the solution.

Thanks & Regards,
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com
  • Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi Ravi,

Please use the way 2 mentioned in the post.

http://saurav-nav.blogspot.in/2012/03/zup-file-personalization-settings-in.html

Open table and filter for these pages id and delete those record.

This will surely resolve your issues.

Thanks & Regards,
    saurav

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    AndersLarsenAndersLarsen Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 1
    A small side comment to this issue is that we hope to be able to fix the variable issue that is mentioned in this tread for the following objects in a future release:

PAG13791.TXT(412): BalAccName@1006 : Text[30];
    PAG16317.TXT(429): AccName@1005 : Text[30];
    PAG16317.TXT(430): BalAccName@1006 : Text[30];
    PAG16524.TXT(456): BalAccName@1500005 : Text[30];
    PAG16524.TXT(457): AccName@1500004 : Text[30];
    PAG16539.TXT(527): AccName@1500012 : Text[30];
    PAG16539.TXT(528): BalAccName@1500011 : Text[30];
    PAG35704.TXT(351): AccName@1500012 : Text[30];
    PAG35704.TXT(352): BalAccName@1500011 : Text[30];

/Anders