How to install and configure Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2

13»

Comments

• ChowdaryChowdary Member Posts: 148
    Chowdary wrote:
    can you help how to do this ? (plz :) )
    I didn't get help from forums and from my IT guy also ](*,)

This is completely an IT support issue..

Ok thanks

I will check with IT guys again !

thanks
    Chowdary
    Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work
    So many thanks Mohana !
    bring the server to domain and try..
    I did this morning itself and
    I've been able to connect RTC from client(for now its my desk top)
    At least, I get some idea about the topic because of you

you are wonderful I would say =D> =D> =D>

one more thing :wink:
    How to make this topic is answered?

Thanks
    Chowdary
  • garrett48garrett48 Member Posts: 4
    Hey hi, I am also a newbie to this forum. I have witnessed some really nice and very interesting threads here..was actually about to post my comment there but then thought why not to introduce myself first.
    Hope will have a nice time here...
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Chowdary wrote:
    So many thanks Mohana !
    Welcome :)
    Chowdary wrote:
    one more thing :wink:
    How to make this topic is answered?

You need to edit your first post and select solved there..
  • garrett48garrett48 Member Posts: 4
    I am posting a link here which will guide you through whole of the process...
    https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... V2009SP1EP
    garrett48 wrote:
    I am posting a link here which will guide you through whole of the process...
    https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... V2009SP1EP

Why do we need EP here? :-k
    hey guys

I just gone thru another post by Mohana, want to share.

one has to create windows login in classic (finsql.exe) to be able to give access to client.

Tools -> Security -> Windows logins and specify client's user name and role overthere

and, of-course clients ClientUserSettings configuration file's property shud be like this
    <add key="ClientCredentialType" value="Windows" />

Rgds
    Chowdary
    Hi guys

there is one more issue with RTC:

let A & B databases

when ever I change database from A to B in classic (finsql.exe) and try to run page to open RTC, RTC opening with previous A, its connecting to B only after restarting the server contains SQL Server and NAV Server, is that so?

I tried changing database in custom config file, and, restarting NAV Server but only restarting the server changing database.

am I wrong ?

Rgrds
    Chowdary
    Did you try by changing the database name in custom settings file and restarting?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to understand few things:

RTC is connecting to last used service tier. Service tier is set to use one server and one database at time.
    If you hit RUN button in designer in classic client to run Page, finsql.exe will do just fire URL like:

DynamicsNAV:////runpage?page=123456

What it does?
    It looks, if some RTC is already running. If yes, It will open the page within it.
    If there is no RTC running, it will run it (it will connect to the previous NAV Server) and after that it will run the Page.

The URL is not passing which Service tier to use, which database or server to use... it is on you. Best is to run the RTC manually, check,that you are connected to correct NAV Server, and than run the page. If you want to use another database/server, connct to different NAV Server or change the settings of the NAV Server, if it is used only by you. Be sure, that you are not running two RTCs at time, else it will mess things up.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Did you try by changing the database name in custom settings file and restarting?

yes, as said in previous, I tried that too, but it still connecting to the previous database, only after restarting the server computer (after changing database name in custom config file) its connecting to the one in custom file. That means desired one, but not previous one.

Rgrds
    Chowdary
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you change customsettings.config, you need to restart the services in correct order. First you need to stop WS service of the NAV Server, than restart the main service, then start WS service, else it will not load the new settings.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    If you change customsettings.config, you need to restart the services in correct order. First you need to stop WS service of the NAV Server, than restart the main service, then start WS service, else it will not load the new settings.

great =D>

this order is so important :thumbsup: !!

I understand that RTC can connect to only one database at a time. If we want to connect two databases at a time we must create another instance of NAV Server.

I was wrong like this:
    if we open a database in classic and run page we will get page having data of that database, this is wrong. What happens is, we will get page with the database specified in the custom file only, this is true. If you want to change data base, we must follow the above order.

Thanks Kine

Rgrds
    Chowdary
    Solve Restricted User Issue in SQL Server 2005

Simply run the following commands against the database which is showing as 'Restricted User':

ALTER DATABASE database SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
    GO
    ALTER DATABASE database SET MULTI_USER
    GO
  • Dan77Dan77 Member Posts: 17
    Hi guys...

mohana_cse06, you are such a patient guy! I don't know how could not have left after saying N times: search the forum/read the documentation...
    kine wrote:

As far as I know, order is not important. What is important to note, is that Nav's middle tier services are hosted in WCF and both services share the same config file.
    If you change custom config, you need to stop one service (either WS or RTC), then restart the other one and last, start the first one.
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    kine wrote:
    Be sure, that you are not running two RTCs at time, else it will mess things up.
    Thanks to the System Indicator in R2 \:D/
    Regards,
    Andwian