Prepayment from Sales Invoice

hari_hhhari_hh Member Posts: 24
edited 2012-05-23 in NAV Three Tier
Hi! As I'm raising invoices thru the Job Module, is there a way in which I could raise a prepayment invoice? In base, the Prepayment functionality works only with Sales Order; hence the question; Tks Hari

Answers

• gerrykistlergerrykistler Member Posts: 149
    This would require a customization. The easiest method maybe to copy the Job Create Sales Invoice function and modify the copy to become a Create Sales Order function instead, then you could use the standard Prepayment functionality.
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
  • hari_hhhari_hh Member Posts: 24
    Thanks Gerry. Appreciate your note. I guess that could be the only way forward.

However, it could be tedious; System as such offers facility for Sales Invoice / Credit Memos / Cancellation etc in Task & Planning Lines; then you have to customize the entire gamut.

Anyway, thanks again.

Hari
  • ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
    Hi Hari,

The best option would be to use the existing Batch job with the name "Job Create Sales Invoice". This will create Sales Invoice for the job and from there you can certainly use prepayment option.
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
  • hari_hhhari_hh Member Posts: 24
    Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for your input.

Prepayment only functions with Sales Order and not at invoice level; you can't post at invoice level the prepayment.

Hence the issue.

Regards

Hari