Report - IFF statement

rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
edited 2012-06-21 in NAV Three Tier
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to write and iff statement for a report on this expression?

=Cstr(Choose(16,Split(Cstr(ReportItems!PageHeaderCaptions.Value),Chr(177))))

I've used the below code for my other reports but it seems to not work on the above..
=IIF(Code.GetData(24,3) = "CAD","CAD","USD")

can anyone give me some pointers?
-rico1931

Answers

• azerty74azerty74 Member Posts: 82
    Can you explain what you're trying todo? Where and why are you using the expression?

=IIF(expression, IfExpressionIsTrueThisIsTheResult,IfExpressionIsNotTrueThisIsTheResult)
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing code. Therefore if you write the code as cleverly as possible you are by definition not smart enough to debug it.
  • rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
    azerty74 wrote:
    Can you explain what you're trying todo? Where and why are you using the expression?

=IIF(expression, IfExpressionIsTrueThisIsTheResult,IfExpressionIsNotTrueThisIsTheResult)

Hi,

All i'm trying to do is the following : If there is no Currency code present (meaning "Blank") Show USD..

I'm trying to do this on the Purchasing Order report where they have the following code in the header

This and the Purchasing quote are the only reports where I find they write the expressions like this. Every other report is much more simpler using the Code.GetData () ...all i want to do is write a simple IIF statement ](*,) :cry:
    -rico1931
  • Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    [quote="rico1931
    All i'm trying to do is the following : If there is no Currency code present (meaning "Blank") Show USD..

I'm trying to do this on the Purchasing Order report where they have the following code in the header

[/quote]
    Not sure I understood your problem but...
    You could try with something like the following:
    =IIF(Code.GetData(1,1) = "","There isn't a currency","There is a Currency")

~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
    ok let me see if I can start over.

Above is the expression in the text box that returns the Customer Cards Foreign Currency. What I need is a IIF statement that says something like the following

=IIF(Cstr(Choose(16,Split(Cstr(ReportItems!PageHeaderCaptions.Value),Chr(177)))) = This part I need help on

We have multiple currency like CAD, EUR, etc.. the above "This part I need help on" I want to put IIF =Cstr(Choose(16,Split(Cstr(ReportItems!PageHeaderCaptions.Value),Chr(177)))) = BLANK to always return USD

that's it..

and i've been having a complete brain fart on how to write that part..

I hope this is better explained.. i'm sorry everyone.
    -rico1931
  • skullaskulla Member Posts: 140
    Did you try like this

=IIF(Cstr(Choose(16,Split(Cstr(ReportItems!PageHeaderCaptions.Value),Chr(177)))) = "","USD",Cstr(Choose(16,Split(Cstr(ReportItems!PageHeaderCaptions.Value),Chr(177)))))
    Hi skulla,

Thanks for the reply but this is actually the first thing I tried and I got a syntax error. It doesn't like Cstr(Choose(16,Split(Cstr(ReportItems!PageHeaderCaptions.Value),Chr(177)))) being used twice as an expression in the report header.
    skulla wrote:
    Did you try like this

=IIF(Cstr(Choose(16,Split(Cstr(ReportItems!PageHeaderCaptions.Value),Chr(177)))) = "","USD",Cstr(Choose(16,Split(Cstr(ReportItems!PageHeaderCaptions.Value),Chr(177)))))
    -rico1931
    anyone have any other work around?
    -rico1931
    can anyone help me? The only option left is to redo the whole report :(:cry:
    -rico1931
  • thegunzothegunzo Member Posts: 274
    Hi Rico

You can use the same approach as in Code.SetData and Code.GetData
    If you are already doing a SetData you can simply add this to the code in your Report.

For example if you create a function like this (given that the currency code is in Data1):

Public Function GetCurrencyCode as Object
    if Cstr(Choose(16, Split(Cstr(Data1),Chr(177)))) = "" then
    Return "USD"
    else
    Return Cstr(Choose(16, Split(Cstr(Data1),Chr(177))))
    end if

Then use Code.GetCurrencyCode in your report
    http://www.dynamics.is
    http://Objects4NAV.com