Unstable windows login connection

victorMvictorM Member Posts: 24
edited 2012-07-27 in NAV Three Tier
Dear NAV fellows,

I'm using Dynamics NAV 2009 R2, I've got a problem about windows login connection, when I login to windows in the first time and open RTC, everything ran just fine, but after 2 - 3 hours, when I close RTC window and open it again, the message error occurred : "The program could not create a connection to the server...", I have no problem on network connection, I can still connect through classic with database login, to solve this problem I have to logout and login it again to open RTC, does anyone knows about this issue?

Thanks for reply

Comments

• agentzagentz Member Posts: 14
    do an experiment?

since your post sounded like you were in rtc, then got disconnected and then tested with classic, try this:

login to both rtc and the classic at the same time
    if both are disconnected in 3 hrs then its a network/connectivity issue, perhaps gpo or if you are vpn'ed then that could be the culprit. firewalls are excellent devices for dropping idle connections!

check sql server for logs.
    see if you can find entries for your scenario.

i wrote code for a web app that kills users ever x number of minutes.
    works like a champ!
    saved us tons of bucks on purchasing more nav licenses for a while!

anyhow i digress...

if only the rtc client is cutoff then i'd check the settings - particularly if there's an equivalent app.config in the rtc (i'm rtc ignorant), i am not sure but there might be some limits on connectivity in there.

try using different computers.

also sometimes in the architecture of connectivity, a proxy user is required to connect to another machine and one in particular, in nav architecture, requires logon as a service right - at the domain level (or the local machine level, i forget). this setting can get reset under certain circumstances and connectivity will assuredly fail without it. i think if you set it on the machine level it gets overwritten by the standard gpo network update.

sorry but it really could be anything...

you just have to start to narrow it down if nothing is obvious.

check all of your logs - app server, sql server, db server, workstation etc.
    i just posted to another guy that if all else fails, download wireshark and get to sniffin packets. you'll figure it out...