Options

Nav 2013 License question

2»

Answers

• Options
    nik2015nik2015 Member Posts: 2
    bbrown wrote:
    The Upgrade Toolkit objects are in a "Partner Exclusive" number range. You can't run them without a partner license.
    Can the upgrade objects be accessed with a developer license?
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    nik2015 wrote:
    bbrown wrote:
    The Upgrade Toolkit objects are in a "Partner Exclusive" number range. You can't run them without a partner license.
    Can the upgrade objects be accessed with a developer license?

Well since there is no such thing as a developer license, the answer is no. But if you mean a customer license with development granules, the answer is still no.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    nik2015nik2015 Member Posts: 2
    bbrown wrote:
    Well since there is no such thing as a developer license, the answer is no. But if you mean a customer license with development granules, the answer is still no.
    I mean the Solution Developer License
    https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/northamerica/NAV/learning/documentation/how-to-articles/ObjectDesignGranulesNAV

You use this granule for the same purposes as the Application Builder granule, but it also gives you access to code that updates write-protected tables. This granule gives you the access necessary to change or create any object type, and gives you access to the Merge Tool and Upgrade Tool. This granule also enables you to use the menu options Translate/Export and Translate/Import in the Object Designer. These options are not available with the Application Builder granule.
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    The answer is still no. The tools are in a "partner exclusive" object range.

It's a granule not a license. I know it may seem like a minor point, but calling it a license tends to imply the customers get a separate license for this purpose. They do not. The granule is simply added to their only license. Unless they want to purchase a fully separate license.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    Dave_CintronDave_Cintron Member Posts: 189
    The bottom line is the Solution Developer granule grants the Customer permission to all objects on their license. It does not provide access to unlicensed object ranges. Also there are some objects in the ISV range that not event the partner may have permissions for, so the Solution Developer granule would not grant permissions for these either.
    Dave Cintron
    Dynamics West
    http://www.dynamicswest.com
  • Options
    DamjanDamjan Member Posts: 94
    edited 2019-10-22
    Hi All,

I have a question regarding licensing issue I have.
    I have NAV2013 R2 application development license and license says that 100 (by default)+ additional 100 page objects can be created, but as I want to create new object: Page it says I do not have permission to create page XY.

Is it possible the issue is in the source table (it is a systme table) that is linked to the this new page?

Below is the license info:
    tpwjsuwdoiop.png

Thank you
    BR Damjan
  • Options
    Edit: Just made an additional test, I can save new page under number 50076, but I cannot save it under the number >50100...Am I missing something regarding of the available objects (200)...
    I have always worked with full development license, but here I have application development license,...brrrrr

Thank you
    BR Damjan
  • Options
    AluanAluan Member Posts: 162
    edited 2019-10-22
    Hello Damjan,
    do you have the textfile to the license? You can assign the Objects to different Ranges.
    It should look like that:

Object Assignment
    Object Type                   Quantity       Range From     Range To       Permission
    Page                           40             51000           51039          RIMDX
    Page                           40             55000           55039          RIMDX
  • Options
    Hi Aluan,

I have only *.FLF file for the licence.

But, just tell me, if I understand correctly that I should be able to create 200 objects of type Page?

Thank you
    BR Damjan
  • Options
    ShaiHuludShaiHulud Member Posts: 228
    Damjan wrote: »
    Hi Aluan,

I have only *.FLF file for the licence.

But, just tell me, if I understand correctly that I should be able to create 200 objects of type Page?

Thank you
    BR Damjan

No, it only means that you've purchased 200 pages. Whoever configured the license might have assigned (or was asked to assign) them to a different range(-s) than 50000..50199. Or have not assigned them at all.
  • Options
    And I would see that in this TXT file of the license, right?
  • Options
    AluanAluan Member Posts: 162
    edited 2019-10-22
    Yes,
    or you create a page with the table 2000000043 (License Permission).
    The table includes all Objects with the current License Permissions.

Edit: You can use the table 2000000044 (Permission Range) as well. If you use this Table you can see the different ranges.
  • Options
    I created the page, tnx.
    I understand, now.

I propably will renumber the objects, because I am lost if object numbers are not in order from 0 to 9:)

ahj65u9ycute.png

Excel sheet

bz98tf3kbb42.png