Options

There is a communication protocol mismatch

yhenyhen Member Posts: 21
edited 2014-11-24 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

I have installed all three tiers of NAV 2013 in my Server (WinServ2008R2x64). But when i try to connect to the server through RTC. it prompts me a user name and password box with something like "Welcome to Localhost". I entered my credentials (administrator and pw) but there comes an error message:

"There is a communication protocol mismatch between the client and the server"

I already checked that the server and client NAV have the same versions. 7.0.33781.0. So i don't know what to do.

Your inputs would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
Yhen

Answers

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    make sure

<add key="AllowNtlm" value="true" />
    <add key="ServicePrincipalNameRequired" value="False" />

in ClientUserSettings.config is same as it is on service tier
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Hi Ara3n,

I got it already. Just edited the ClientUserSettings.config.

Thank you so much. :D
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    A separate instance of the ClientUserSettings.config file is maintained for each client user. On Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP, the location of this file is Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV.

On Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows Server 2008, the location is Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
  • Options
    Hi Mohana,

Thanks, but in server 2008 R2, i actually got the file from here. C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\70

I don't know why it isn't in the Local folder after AppData. But thank you all for your inputs.

-Yhen
  • Options
    KodiakBearKodiakBear Member Posts: 1
    We're running 6.0.32146.0 and this error occurred for the first time today. I verified the settings mentioned in this thread. Any other suggestions.
  • Options
    jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    I ran into the same problem and I kept trying to enter windows credentials (for a user ID that I was SURE was setup as super in the database). The problem ended up being that NAV was forcibly only working with the NavUserPassword security. So it was always trying to pass the credentials through as user name password rather than the current window's credentials. Note this could be working in reverse, you may be trying to use NAV Username/Password credentials and NAV is using your current windows SID.

Fix:
    1) Find the current users ClientUserSettings.config (user\appdata\roaming\Microsoft\...)
    2) Look for the key "ClientServicesCredtinalType and set the value to "Windows"

Original Source:
    http://www.archerpoint.com/blog/Posts/login-error-communication-protocol-mismatch-between-client-and-server
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • Options
    ssasiedussasiedu Member Posts: 2
    After changing the Client Configuration settings to NavUserPassword, i can easily login to the windows client but with the web client, it still says there is a communication protocol mismatch between the client and the server.