Printing to Dot Matrix printer

rungisrungis Member Posts: 10
edited 2014-08-25 in NAV Three Tier
I have a problem, I have NAV 2013 running on Win 2012 server and I have to print to Dot Matrix printer.
I hava report who is ok when I print to laser but when I send it to Dot Matrix Printer (Oki Microline 320) then I can not print to the lowest third part of the paper. This paper is 8,5 inches height. And I have set the printer to this page height and the driver to. At least if I change this parameters in printer or driver then it feeds wrong.

My report has the lenght 21,5 cm who is around 8,5 inches.

The printer does not print lower than 15 cm, all I put lower in the report prints on next page.

Do you have any idea of what I am doing wrong?

Runar

Comments

• ppavukppavuk Member Posts: 334
    Apparently it is cheaper to get another laser, rather then sort out this stuff. If you print in graphics mode there could be waste of issues with dot matrix.

Another way - you can create a text file and send it to dot matrix printer. You can use esc chars to format output. But, again, it is a big work.
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Did you change the size in the RDLC layout?

Unfortunately you need a report per papersize.
  • rungisrungis Member Posts: 10
    Yes I have changed size in RDLC layout and then it feeds wrong.
  • MBrodie1979MBrodie1979 Member Posts: 21
    edited 2014-08-22
    Hi Rungis.

Did you ever resolve this? I am trying to print a ales invoice to an OKI Microline 5591 and my footer never prints in the bottom of the page even though the print preview from NAV shows it does. The white space seems to be consumed.

Anyways if you managed to make progress or have suggestions please let me know. :)

BTW: Update
    Ahah I found the issue. The report property comsumewhitespace was set to true! I found this a few minutes after posting. My paper size is 30.5cm by 24cm (fanfold with sprocket). If anyone need a copy of the report let me know.
  • ppavukppavuk Member Posts: 334
    I would go for text file approach.
  • ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    Did you try installing a Generic / Text Only printer? This will only work if you don't have any graphics / images to be printed. Also, it might require some effort to be spent on the alignment of the report again.