Options

Nav 2013 - Object outside the customer's License

kjboloekjboloe Member Posts: 56
edited 2014-09-20 in NAV Three Tier
Hi, In the Classic client in Nav 2009, we were able to run object outside the customer's license.
In Nav 2013 we can get to the object the same way by loading our Partner License to the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 Development Environment. But when I try to run a Table, it now starts the RTC client which uses the Customer License. I therefore get an error that says that I don't have permission to run that Table ](*,) .

Does anyone have a solution to do this in Nav 2013 other than loading our License to the SQL database.
Kind regards

Kenneth Jarlshøi Bolø
Dynateam A/S

Comments

• Options
    AnfinnurAnfinnur Member Posts: 1
    Sorry, no - I do not have a solution.
    Actually I'm searching myself.

But by replying this issue it should pop up on top again :wink:

But as I am here, let me support this case:
    To be able to use developers license on a customer's database is very handy in testing.

I myself have done some "tools" during my many years with NAV; tools which are reused over and over again. Those tools (mostly reports) do have ID's in a range (99300..99799), that very, very rarely are conflicted to customer's ojbects. And believe me, that is convenient!
    The tools are for checking inventory, applications, relations, testing performance - stuff like that.
    And as the objects are tools only, the customer will never ever run these objects. Usually the objects are use only once at each customer.

In NAV 2013 I have to rename my objects to fit into the customer's object area.
    Yes, I can do that.
    But when you do come from a time, where such operations were a lot easier - the NAV2013-way makes is feel like going back in time...! :-k

But - let's be optimistic - and belive that Microsoft just forgot to make it possible temporary to change and use a developer's license as in pre-NAV2013.
    And that this will be solved in the next release. :whistle:

Hm... imagine - if you were going to your dentist; and you (the customer) had to purchase and bring your own tools for the dentist to work with...
    Naa - forget it... ](*,)
    rd
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    There already has been a thread about this subject. I can't find it right now.

What I do at customers site is use SQL Server Management Studio and do queries directly on the the database.
  • Options
    KWevickKWevick Member Posts: 103
    Has there been any additional movement on this topic? We are experiencing this at a client site and have not found a solution. They have been in a long upgrade and almost ready to go-live, but we do write programs that we run during the final upgrade (from NAV2 to NAV2013) and try to keep them in the 60000 range since they'll never be used again and we don't want to use up all their reports, etc.

We also want to run the upgrade on their server (superfast and no FTPing of databases) and are afraid it will fail without using our license.

Thanks,
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    would like to know too. The only way I know is to create a developer NST.
  • Options
    ppavukppavuk Member Posts: 334
    would like to know too. The only way I know is to create a developer NST.
    Which will not helps a lot, as license is stored in the DB. But, you can create separate NST for dev, upload your licence to your SQL DB, then restart your dev NST not touching live one. And, you're in - NST reads licence when starts - so live NST will be on customer license, and DEV will be on dev license. Then when you finish - upload customer license back.
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    last post here has a script

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=61339