Options

The table definition is invalid and cannot be validated.

2»

Comments

• Options
    chanitos19chanitos19 Member Posts: 4
    go to this link

http://www.pardaan.com/tag/nav-2013/

Recently I discovered that when attempting to Replace Table Objects In An NAV 2013 R2 Database I Received The Following Error Message “The table definition is invalid and cannot be validated”.

It Turns Out In NAV 2013 R2 There Is Setting Found Under

Tools à Options à Prevent Data Loss From Table Changes
    - See more at: http://www.pardaan.com/tag/nav-2013/#st ... c6Opm.dpuf
  • Options
    cgolbancgolban Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

The only way we managed to import the tables without disabling "Prevent Data Loss" was to go to the Properties of each field in the table, and within "CaptionML", remove the special characters.

Hope this helps some of you.

Cristian
  • Options
    RydenRyden Member Posts: 24
    I have the same problem with a single table in a 2015 database.
    I have removed the Swedish ML-caption but it didn't help so localization doesn't seem to be the culprit here
    I can't force a schema syncronization, this is the error message:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Environment
    The server "nMASTER_2015" was unable to process the request. The application will close.
    OK
    --
    www.nabsolutions.se
  • Options
    DamjanDamjan Member Posts: 94
    Hi,
    I have also NAV2013 R2 database and I am adding a new field (type: date) and when I want to save and compile the object I receive the error.
    paa5bgfzarsf.png

I have already changed same objects before and I did not get this error. At that time I was using German regional settings on the laptop where database and NAV DEV tools were installed. NAV database was build on WIN server using German regional setting.

1m13c0844v61.png

Error first popped as I changed regional settings to US English in Windows 10, so I reverted it back to Germany, restarted computer and NSTs and then I could compile objects as expected.

Thank you
    BR Damjan