Options

User Roles, Lookups & Pages

Wisa123Wisa123 Member Posts: 308
edited 2014-11-25 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Experts,

I am currently working on an Issue that seems impossible for me to solve.
Maybe someone on this beautiful Forum can help me out on this.

Easy Example (page Purchase Order).
We want our Purchasers to be able to perform the lookup onto the "No." field when the Line Type = G/L Account.
But for some weird reason we dont want them to actually be able to Open the page18 G/L Account List.

Is there any way to achieve this?

TLDR:
Any way to achieve that a Lookup on a Table works without having a Page with the same table working?

Thanks in advance!
Austrian NAV/BC Dev

Comments

• Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    Sure! Add new code in OnLookup trigger of field "No." in page: in this way you "overload" the table field trigger behavior and will be possible to open every list you need to use.
  • Options
    JuhaJuha Member Posts: 39
    I’m not sure I understand what you want.
    To me it sounds like you want different lookup pages per user group. you can do that by adding code in OnLookup on G/L Account No. where you set the page.
    If you dont set a LookupPageId on a table, you will only have the dropdown list (the fields in dropdown field group). Is that what you are looking for?
  • Options
    Wisa123Wisa123 Member Posts: 308
    I may have explained my issue a bit poorly.

What i want to happen:
    a) The simple lookup (F4) to work.
    b) I want the User so receive an Error message when Trying to open the Advanced Lookup (CTRL+F4).

If i implement a conditional Error in the Page i cant use the simple lookup.
    Overwriting the Field-OnLookup Trigger didnt work for me.

Thanks for your responses!
    Austrian NAV/BC Dev
  • Options
    bob_upbob_up Member Posts: 155
    I wonder if you resolved this problem?
    I have a related question.
    Is it possible to add code to the OnLookup trigger for a field (e.g. to set a filter) and still display the "default" RTC drop-down list?
  • Options
    skullaskulla Member Posts: 140
    If you write some code on the OnLookUp trigger then you can't use default RTC dropdown list.
  • Options
    bob_upbob_up Member Posts: 155
    Thank you.