Upgrade Toolkit Not Working Properly

VectorKVectorK Member Posts: 86
edited 2015-04-02 in NAV Three Tier
Hi there,

Upgrading a 2009 R2 db to 2013R2 is not Working Properly for Spanish Localization,
After upgrading the Nav 2013 db, in Nav 2013 R2 it's giving error as below,

The following SQL error was unexpected.
Invalid column name 'Queue Folder Path'.
Invalid column name 'Queue Folder UID'.
Invalid column name 'Storage Folder Path'.
Invalid column name 'Storage Folder UID'.
Invalid column name 'Autodiscovery E-Mail Address'.
Invalid column name 'Email Batch Size'.
Statement(s) could not be prepared.

And as I checked in both SQL, and development environment, the fields are there, so could you help me, please?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    I don't think it's strictly related to Spanish localization, see: http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60561&f=32
  • VectorKVectorK Member Posts: 86
    geordie wrote:
    I don't think it's strictly related to Spanish localization, see: http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60561&f=32

:(

Thank you very much
  • MorpheusMorpheus Member Posts: 1
    You can fix this by performing the following steps:
    - export the table as .FOB
    - delete the metadata of your tables (found in table 2000000071 or if you open this table in SQL Management Studio – Object Metadata table)
    - re-import your .FOB file
    - re-compile all tables
    Morpheus wrote:
    - delete the metadata of your tables (found in table 2000000071 or if you open this table in SQL Management Studio – Object Metadata table)
    - re-compile all tables

It "sounds" good"!! Let's try it out..
    Thank you very much ;)
  • theo.stheo.s Member Posts: 24
    Also happened to me during Upgrade of NAV 2009 R2 database to NAV 2013 R2.

Initially, while importing Customised NAV 2013 R2 Object set I got:
    The Following SQL Error was unexpected.
    Invalid Column Name 'Authentication Email'
    Invalid column name 'Authentication Object ID'

As I had upgraded two other databases with no problem a week before, I suspected it had something to do with some of the Objects having been "upgraded" to Hotfix Roll-up 3, and tried the earlier Custom Object Set, and it imported OK.

When I tried to open this database from the Windows Client for the first time, I also got
    The Following SQL Error was unexpected.
    Invalid Column Name 'Queue Folder Path'
    Invalid Column Name 'Queue folder UID'
    Invalid Column Name 'Storage Folder Path'
    Invalid Column Name 'Storage Folder UID'
    Invalid Column Name 'Enable Connector'
    Invalid Column Name 'Autodiscovery E-Mail Address'
    Invalid Column Name 'Email Batch Size'
    Statement(s) could not be prepared.

I suspect this is part of a deeper problem where all the Table Metadata is not being updated (perhaps due to permissions?) The Marketing Setup Table perhaps just happens to be the first one to be accessed when you first Open the database as a Order Processor?

Has anybody resolved this yet.
    It's really strange... :?

Today I've upgraded a Cronus Standar 2009 R2 Database to Nav 2013 R2, following this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn271668(v=nav.71).aspx and it works with no problems!!

](*,)
    Another Interesting thing I noticed during the upgrade of this particular database: One of the companies had some really large Vendor Ledger Entry and Detailed Vendor Ledger Entry tables, running for 90 minutes in "Upgrade - Old Version". (just as a measure of the data size)

After importing the Customised Objects, the middle tier seemed to be Hanging, and doing a WHO from the SQL Management Studio, I could see that the NAV Middle Tier was updating indexes (and later other functions) for a really long time, perhaps also an hour or more - long after the Development Environment had finished importing the objects and re-compiling them.

It was during this time that I have attempted to modify the Marketing Setup Table to see what would happen when trying to Connect with the Window Client for the first time, and experiencing this error. So I am speculating that perhaps some of the Object Management and recompilation functions might have been handed off to the middle tier. I'd love to understand how this all works in NAV 2013 R2 and multi-tenancy..

PS: I was following the procedure at http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/201 ... entmessage
    I have upgraded four other databases using this procedure already, and no (very minor) problems so far..
    ](*,)
    Morpheus wrote:
    - re-compile all tables

I've just tried and it didn't work in my case :(
    OK, I scrapped that database and started again, following the post at http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/201 ... entmessage again

This time, when I got to Step 9. after importing the Customised Objects set, I just monitored the activity of the Middle Tier Server SQL Connection(s) to make sure it had finished working on inserting Objects and building Indexes.

After that, connecting the NAV 2013 R2 Windows Client had no problem.

In my case the Ledger Entry tables were huge and took a really long time to process when importing the NAV 2013 R2 Customised Objects

Hope this helps,
    Theo
    Theo,

How did you do this?

"I just monitored the activity of the Middle Tier Server SQL Connection(s) to make sure it had finished working on inserting Objects and building Indexes."

thx
  • catwswcatwsw Member Posts: 1
    I experienced this error as well.
    I solved it by :-

Download and applied NAV2013 Rollup #11
    Download and applied NAV2013 R2 Rollup #3

Hope it works for you too!
    Thank you very much!
  • detlefdetlef Member Posts: 38
    Posted my findings about the background task in a new topic:
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=60807
    In short: Increase the SQLCommandTimeout in CustomSettings.config
    Thank you! :wink:
  • MaciMaci Member Posts: 65
    In my opinion, I believe that this problem solved by giving some time to the sql server, after importing the customized objects, and before starting with step 2. SQL seems to need time to redesign the objects, or to "compile" the metadata objects.

best regards,
    Bad News :(

Hi all,

After aplying the new Cumulative Update 6 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2, I just only can say that upgrading to NAV 2013 R2 from NAV 2009 R2 is, as a developer with more than 20 years experience, the worst exprerience of my life.

Could somebody please, tell me THE ONLY RIGHT WAY to successfully upgrade a SIMPLE Spanish 2009R2 Database to NAV 2013R2?

Thank you.
  • gpdiatgpdiat Member Posts: 13
    I have a similar issue and i have not found the solution yet.
    When i hit "Transfer Data" in NAV 2013 R2, to copy the data to my tables i get the message ""The following SQL error was unexpected. Invalid object name MyDatabase.dbo.Aντικείμενο. Statements could not be prepeared.

(Αντικείμενο = Object in Greek)

I have tried to delete the object Metadata table and re-compile all the tables but this has worked some times (for other databases) but not this time. Why do i get this error in the first place?
    I follow the upgrade instructions strictly?

Can you please help me?

Thank you
  • rainergaissrainergaiss Member Posts: 43
    I am experiencing the same problems.

Upgrade from 2009R2 to 2013R2 CU6. After the error messages occured there is no way to access the data base anymore. One year ago I also did the upgrade to the same database successfully. There is only one difference between last year and this year. Last year the database had 1 company, this year there are 4.

I suppose that this may be the reason why some of you can upgrade and others cannot.

Does anybody know if you can circumvent this problem by upgrading to a higher CU or to 2015?

Thanks in advance!
  • JutJut Member Posts: 72
    Could it be that one of the new companies start with a "-" or number? I just read that Cumulative Update 4 fixes a problem of the upgrade-codeunit with those characters.

Edit: I am talking about NAV 2015 CU 4, I have not checked if the same problem occurs with NAV 2013 R2 but I could imagine that it does.
    Good idea - unfortunately this is not the problem.

Anyway thanks for help!
  • Rikt-ItRikt-It Member Posts: 37
    Check database-collation, same as sql-server?
    Regards
    Christer in Stockholm, Sweden
    Yes, it's the same :(
    Yes, it's the same :(

Hi Rainergaiss,

Did you get the solution? If not, please tell me what kind of error you get and I'll try to help you.

Kind Regards
    Hi,

yes, I got it. I made a sync-navtenant just before importing the new objects. Then everything worked fine!

Thank you for your help!

Rainer
    I'm happy to know it, and yes, that's the solution. =D>
    In fact, as I always say to anybody who ask: "sync-navtenant is your friend" :wink: