Copy Cell adding delimiter characters to copied value

jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
edited 2014-08-21 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,
I looked around online for this, and didn't come across anyone else reporting the same issue.

NAV2013

We have item descriptions that include a double quote character to represent Inches (12" L - for example). When a user copies a cell with this value, and pastes into a new cell, delimiting double quotes are added ("12"" L " = for example). We have only been on NAV2013 for about a month now, and this was not an issue in 3.7B. I have confirmed that it isn't just NAV, but the value in the clipboard (pasting to notepad or outlook provides the same result).

Is this a simple user config or setting that can be changed? It's quickly making a mess out of our Quote lines (where item descriptions are often copy/pasted within the application).
kind of fell into this...

Comments

• dbabasdbabas Member Posts: 33
    When you create a new item and copy-paste the description, you have the same problem or it occurs only with the old descriptions (from previous NAV version)?
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    We had hundreds of items using " = inch & ' = foot.
    We do alot of importing & exporting and was always a problem.

So we stopped using those characters and simply use (in) & (ft) now and went away from the ' & "
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    Savatage wrote:
    We had hundreds of items using " = inch & ' = foot.
    We do alot of importing & exporting and was always a problem.

So we stopped using those characters and simply use (in) & (ft) now and went away from the ' & "

trust me, i know. the problem is, we have 50,000+ items in the database and nobody responsible for going through and fixing each and every one of them. We also are coming from 3.7, where descriptions maxed at 30 chars. Our descriptions are so packed full of abbreviations and symbols, that they barely mean anything outside of the company. We even have ampersands appearing in code values and strings!

the really odd thing is that I can no longer reproduce the issue on my PC, but I can go to a certain users desk and repeat it. That makes me think it is somehow client/OS related? new items, old items, new quotes, old quotes > this user continually gets the undesired clipboard result.
    kind of fell into this...